Kicker

Weems

I haven't seen anyone say anything about our kicker. I am worried at this position. What say you?

I haven't seen anyone say anything about our kicker. I am worried at this position. What say you?

18 year old from Lewisburg playing in his 1st collegiate game in front of 102k.... first fg attempt was all jitters. Heard he immediately went to Butch afterward and said he was good for the next one, which he was was. He hit a 36 fg, 5 extra pts and kicked off well. Not worried.

Reactions: 5 people
18 year old from Lewisburg playing in his 1st collegiate game in front of 102k.... first fg attempt was all jitters. Heard he immediately went to Butch afterward and said he was good for the next one, which he was was. He hit a 36 fg, 5 extra pts and kicked off well. Not worried.

After playing in front of a couple thousand at Lewisburg. I would think he was nervous playing in front of 102k. Not worried about him. He will be a good one.

I'm worried about the strength of medley's leg on kickoff. He's kicking very flat just to get it to the goal line. A good returner like Gurley will eat an opportunity like that alive.I would rather he quick it to the 10 with some hang time as opposed to a flat rocket to the goal line.

It was mentioned in the telecast that Butch named the wall behind the end zone "Medley's Wall" because he was hitting it all day long during practices but during the game he didn't have a single touchback. It didn't appear that he has the leg that has been advertised.

Heard somewhere that he was being told to place the kickoffs

The one that hit the ground but didn't go out of bounds was supposed to go deep I believe. Probably was too focused on kicking it hard that he mis-hit it.

Idk if I even heard all of that right but that's my two cents

In his defense, it was raining.
He missed 1 kick (and missed badly). Hardly time for the panic button.

Heard somewhere that he was being told to place the kickoffs

The one that hit the ground but didn't go out of bounds was supposed to go deep I believe. Probably was too focused on kicking it hard that he mis-hit it.

Idk if I even heard all of that right but that's my two cents

We don't get AJ's turnover if he kicks it through the EZ. So pick your poison.

Reactions: 2 people
I've always thought there are times a coach wants to get some live practice for the ST units. If he can kick it out of the endzone every time then great but if he's inconsistent then the players need to know how to play it.

In his radio interview, he said he was told to kick it to the 5 yd. line. Sounds like he did his job well.

Reactions: 4 people

I think you are the only one worried,,,

Kinda sorta why you "haven't seen anyone say anything" about our Kicker...

Just sayin'...

It was mentioned in the telecast that Butch named the wall behind the end zone "Medley's Wall" because he was hitting it all day long during practices but during the game he didn't have a single touchback. It didn't appear that he has the leg that has been advertised.

I heard he was trying to kick it high into a specific hash to allow the coverage team to get down there. Don't think he was trying to kick it for a touchback otherwise he would have. Really don't think leg strength is an issue.

I'm worried about Darr as well, unlike the ref who just stood there staring at him! When is the SEC going to wise up & clean house. They're a bunch of clowns!

It looked to me like he was told stick with the basics and not to over kick it. His first couple of extra points looked like he just punched them through and tried to do the same with the missed FG. After that, he started hitting it a little harder. There was more than likely and agenda set for him. Just a guess.

My first game I ran the wrong play a couple times out of nerves. Fans didn't notice because we adjusted, but everyone gets jitters. He is a great kicker.

Reactions: 5 people
he played in Marshall County Tennessee.... the biggest crowd this kid has ever seen is 10,000 people (TOPS)... His opening kick was in front of a hyped up 102,455..... after missing the first kick he comes back and drills one from 36yds. He will be fine.

I know 1 things for certain. It was better for him to Kick in front of 102,400 Vol Fans and 55 USU fans than the other way around.

VN Store

Back