Team 117 versus 118

VolStrom

He/Him/Gator Hater
I know it's early in the season, but I saw a real difference between this years team compared to last years team.

It's hard to quantify, but this years team seems to have a much more cohesive feel about it. They seem to care more about each other than the last squad did.

Okay, enough of the sunshine pumping, I just think this squad is going to play as a team and not individuals. I suspect that a another year under Butch Jones is showing up. We're moving in the right direction.

S-P-E-E-D or at least a lot more than we had....the one main thing that stood out last night to me....OVERALL TEAM SPEED....

Seems like there is more buy in with the entire team.. Jones train has left the station

A close friend who covered the Vols for a local Memphis paper told me once when we discussed the size the Memphis Tigers offensive line...."I don't care how big they are if they cant move and have a little speed (quickness) they wont be worth a flip"...that was like 1980 and I've never forgotten that because its absolutely true...they weren't worth a flip.....So our speed improvement will show dividends eventually.....

A close friend who covered the Vols for a local Memphis paper told me once when we discussed the size the Memphis Tigers offensive line...."I don't care how big they are if they cant move and have a little speed (quickness) they wont be worth a flip"...that was like 1980 and I've never forgotten that because its absolutely true...they weren't worth a flip.....So our speed improvement will show dividends eventually.....

This could be an 8-9 win team with last year's OL.

I don't know, but wonder if this is the best group of players in Jones' head coaching career. He had a few good teams at Cinci; perhaps with more depth, but I doubt that the talent compared with Tennessee Team 118. We're looking for more bricks, but I think the guys on this team want to make a statement.

I know last year's line had some real strengths but I'm looking forward to some more push. A lot of plays were a loss b/C they played on the wrong side of the line of scrimmage.

This could be an 8-9 win team with last year's OL.

Certainly we were a team of underachievers last year. They had skill but no drive or toughness. I would like to see a team of overachievers on the OL this year although our talent level is definitely down even to last year's OL.
Some of the rushes that USU got sacks on last night were hardly from SEC caliber players. Our line needs to improve and play as a team to succeed.

I agree these guys will play with grit ... I don't know how many games that wins but it will be fun to watch ... at least when we're winning

VN Store

Back