Who's Expectations Have Changed?

ImportedVoL

The Converted Yankee
With the first game going into the books in a fashion that could not have been better for the Vols.

Have your expectations for the season changed at all?

I have said 8-4 all along, and for me the answer is NO. This team is performing the way I expected them to. I knew this game would be a blow out and that we would beat them in every aspect of the game.

I still expect 8-4 with losses to Ok, Bama, UGA and either UF or Ole Miss..but we don't lose both.

Reactions: 1 person
Mine hasn't changed. I predicted 6 wins with a 7th being possible and I still feel that. We played very good last night and I think we are going to surprise some people. It's just we are very young and are going to be prone to rookie mistakes.

The future is very bright though.

Just a minor comment about my thinking. Just imagine, we played about 25 or more freshmen. Just think what it will be like next year and in the future years. So much better feeling than the last 10 or so years. Something to really look forward to. Also, perhaps I am dreaming but I think Butch Jones is here for the long haul !!! I will be satisfied with just a bowl season !!! Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Reactions: 3 people
I thought the really tough schedule would keep UT from 8-4 and I still think that. I do believe the Vols may surprise a team or two down the line, especially in the second half of the season. I would be thrilled with 8-4 but even after last night, I still think 6-6 is likely and 7-5 is possible with some lucky breaks here and there.

Reactions: 4 people
I think this team will beat SC in Columbia. The offensive line is Tennessee's biggest question mark but the SC D line is weak and their DB's are weak. They also are weak at WR.

7-5 minimum IMO

I'll let you know after we play Oklahoma, I think at that point we will know our consistency, maturity on the road and will realize the true offensive potential.

Reactions: 3 people
Not me. It's still 3 cupcakes + Kentucky + Vandy and try to steal one or two against Florida, Mizzou, Ole Miss, SC.

Reactions: 4 people
6-7 wins is still my prediction.

Wins remaining:

Arkansas State
Florida
UTC
Missouri
Kentucky
Vandy

Bama will be our only home loss.

Utah State is no SEC team, if we can hang with Oklahoma for a full four quarters then I'll reevaluate my expectations.

Nope, but last night was very encouraging. I still expect a 6-7 win team (Maybe 8 if we are lucky)

We will have challenges with a power running team like Bama, GA. OK too much... The rest I like our chances

Still 6-6 with a possibility of 7/8 wins if (big if) things really improve on the Oline.

Utah State is no SEC team, if we can hang with Oklahoma for a full four quarters then I'll reevaluate my expectations.

This. I remember getting all excited a few years ago after blowing out a NCST only to get dissapointed. Then the next year blowing out Cincy to get dissapointed. The FL game is going to be huge for us. We have to win this game.

Slightly... My hope was getting to a bowl this year, but after last night I'm going 7-5. Now if our offensive line steps up their game and opens some holes for our RB's then I may change my expectations again, but based on last night, I see 6-6 realisticly and I'm hopeful for 7-5. SEC games are won/lost in the trenches and I'm afraid it's going to be our downfall once we get into conference play. That said, the only for sure losses I see are Oklahoma and Bama, and even then miracles do happen.

My view of the team has changed. I think they are already better than any time last year. Whether that translates into a better record I don't know. I think we'll know something after OK.

VN Store

Back