Great job Worley!

NEO

Eat at Joe's
A lot of posters on here prior to game one stated that for us to get to a bowl game Worley must player well.

Well....he did.

Butch Jones ran an offensive last night that was very similar to Worley's offense in college. The same offense that allowed him to win Gatorade player of the year.

Right now our biggest question mark is Hurd....ain't that some chit?

Anyone truly worried that Hurd won't be ok by the time we open SEC play? Anyone?

And to put the icing on the cake, Worley actually kept it a few times and scrambled for a first down....kept more times in this game that I think he did all of last year combined.

And let's add some candles to the icing....because he three ZERO picks.

So the man deserves his own thread...Great job Worley!

Reactions: 5 people
A lot of posters on here prior to game one stated that for us to get to a bowl game Worley must player well.

Well....he did.

Butch Jones ran an offensive last night that was very similar to Worley's offense in college. The same offense that allowed him to win Gatorade player of the year.

Anyone truly worried that Hurd won't be ok by the time we open SEC play? Anyone?

And to put the icing on the cake, Worley actually kept it a few times and scrambled for a first down....kept more times in this game that I think he did all of last year combined.

Our biggest question mark is Hurd? In what way? I have zero questions about Jalen....if he's given any room to run, which he wasn't last night, he'll be a beast and a threat to go the distance in a way that we haven't seen for a very long time.

Anywho, agree with you about Worley. Looked very sharp last night

Reactions: 4 people
Hurd did not hit the hole as well as Lane....at least it looked that way from where I was sitting. I shrug it off as freshman jitters.

Reactions: 1 person

Well....he did.

:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

The kid is a freshman......

The o-line is a work in progress......

It was game #1.......

What do people not get?

Reactions: 2 people
Lane got much better blocking than hurd all night. The one or two opporotunities he had with any space he looked nimble, quick, and powerful.

Hurd did not hit the hole as well as Lane....at least it looked that way from where I was sitting. I shrug it off as freshman jitters.

He didn't have any holes to hit. I saw him push the pile a couple time for 5-7 yard gains. Other than that and the excellent screen pass that he scored on when he had a little room, he was getting hit either right at the line of scrimmage or just behind it.

I think Hurd and Lane will compliment each other well this year, and last night gave me much more concern about our OL than it did our stud freshman RB.

Lane is excellent running between the tackles. Picks holes well, falls forward and gets tough yards. This is his bread and butter.

I don't expect Jalen or any other back on our roster to even come close to Lane in that way. Although, for what he was given I thought JH did very well. When this kid gets in space, watch out!

Lane is excellent running between the tackles. Picks holes well, falls forward and gets tough yards. This is his bread and butter.

I don't expect Jalen or any other back on our roster to even come close to Lane in that way. Although, for what he was given I thought JH did very well. When this kid gets in space, watch out!

Agree. He was given space exactly once last night....when he scored on the screen.

One thing you can say about Worley is he doesn't make stupid mistakes, he's been consistent that way since his first start, consequently he tends to play it too safe. Quite often he throws the ball to low or too short to avoid any chance of a pick, forcing the receivers to run back to the ball turning what should have been a 1 and 10 into a 3rd and 4 or turning what should have been a uncontested TD, into just a 1st down. It worked fine last night but he's going to have to take some risks when we get into conference play or it's going to be a lot of 3 and outs.

Well....he did.

Had to read twice...still lost.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

UtahSt was definitely dialed in on Hurd, they were loading the box every time he was in the game with an extra guy. That is the reason he got that pass, and as soon as he had just that tiny bit of space, his talents showed. A couple XBOX worthy jukes, and TD!!!!!

As he gets more experience, he will get better.. I shudder to think how good he will be by the time he is a junior. I have ZERO doubt that we will be following behind Hurd on the way to a NC before he leaves UT.

Butch Jones ran an offensive last night that was very similar to Worley's offense in college.

I knew it was too good to be true. Worley already graduated and is getting paid to play. Dang you, Lane Kiffin!!!!

One thing for sure ....... Worley can throw the ball a heck of a lot better than pig !!!!

JW needs to run it a little more. But other than that, he was great.

Totally agree. He is not super fast but JW has decent wheels and would have probably gotten some big chunks of yards if he would run a little more. There were a few time last night where it looked like if he kept the ball, he could have gotten some big gains.

I noticed a lot more zip on the ball with Worley's throws last night. He played smart and above all he played confident.
I'm really not too concerned about his deep ball attempts. I think him and the coaches will get that sorted out this week. Besides, its better to over throw a deep ball than to under throw it in my opinion.

We can win games with him a quarterback. I'm really encouraged with just about everything I saw last night! Go vols:thumbsup:

A huge difference I noticed from last year to last night was the fact he didn't seem anchored to the pocket. Sure we took a couple of sacks, but afterwards, he started moving around and making plays when the pocket broke down.

His field smarts are world's different this year.

Always wait until the morning when you sober up before you get on volnation and start posting.

VN Store

Back