Just got some UT love from Finebaum

supersmo18

#1 Orange-Lister
A guy just wrote in to his TV show and asked, "On a scale of 1-10, where would you say Butch Jones is in the 'getting it' factor?"

Finebaum's response: "20. I know some of you are saying hey, wait--it was Utah State. But, I'll repeat again, I thought this would be a tough game. A couple of weeks ago I wondered if Tennessee was ready to play. The Vegas line was 4. That was a dominating performance. I have not seen much like that [from UT] in recent years. I think it's a great start for Tennessee. Arkansas State is another chance for Tennessee to build some confidence before the Vols head out to Norman, OK."

Nice to hear some positive words from him regarding our team, whether he likes to say it or not. :)

Reactions: 51 people
The Vols bandwagon will be in effect soon. Might be this season, might be 2015, but it's coming.

Reactions: 18 people
It irks me that all we are gonna hear now is "it's just Utah state" . Compared to before kickoff it was "vols on upset alert", and every talking head in the biz said they would put up a fight against.

Reactions: 8 people
This is the first time I have ever listened to Finebaum - I'm checking out the SEC Network on tv and I heard him talking to the caller who predicted 8-4 for the Vols.
. You guys who said he's a jerk - well, hard to argue with that. Condescending doesn't begin to describe his attitude. People listen to this guy? Non-Alabama fans, I mean.

Reactions: 1 person
This is the first time I have ever listened to Finebaum - I'm checking out the SEC Network on tv and I heard him talking to the caller who predicted 8-4 for the Vols.
. You guys who said he's a jerk - well, hard to argue with that. Condescending doesn't begin to describe his attitude. People listen to this guy? Non-Alabama fans, I mean.
James?

You missed the part where the caller was initially calling for 10-2. But yes....he was condescending. But the caller sounded like he was drunk lol. PF even asked him if he was lol.

And that's with leaving plenty of offensive yards on the field. The score could've been much, much worse.

Not to be a negative Nancy but I agree especially in the second quarter when we left so many points out on the fieldI. Sure was pleased with the outcome of the game obviously. But if I were being Judgment Day honest I would have to say the offense really looked out of synch about half the game.... And of course it was the first game with a lot of new comers playing....

VN Store

Back