Thank You UT CROWD!

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
The commentators kept mentioning the noise level of the crowd, and I'd just like to thank all those reading this post that attended the game and a hooted and a hollered for all of us who were unable to attend. I am going to watch the game again tonight and will continue to marvel at the level of support y'all demonstrated for the team.

Great friggin' job CROWD!!

Reactions: 12 people
Neyland was truly a 12th, 13th, and 14th man. It was deafening and USU was like a deer in headlights on 3rd downs.

Reactions: 1 person
The announce not Huard it the cathedral of Neyland and said everyone regardless of who your team is should put a game here on your bucket list.

Reactions: 4 people
I think I heard Huard on third down mumble "what a venue!" Then the crowd noise took over and the announcers were completely silent.

I don't have much of a voice today. Last night was awesome! Is a replay going to be showed today? I'd like to watch the tv coverage of it.

Reactions: 2 people
The announce not Huard it the cathedral of Neyland and said everyone regardless of who your team is should put a game here on your bucket list.

Somebody call an ambulance! :scare:

Reactions: 2 people
I think I heard Huard on third down mumble "what a venue!" Then the crowd noise took over and the announcers were completely silent.

Nice, do you know when that was?

And the crowd was phenomenal. I've had this convo several times today and last night. Everyone was impressed.

Nice, do you know when that was?

And the crowd was phenomenal. I've had this convo several times today and last night. Everyone was impressed.

Do not remember exactly. I noticed it while watching the replay after midnight. I have it on the DVR and will see if I can find it again.

Sorry still coming down from Orange Koolaid high. I meant to say the announcer last night called our house the cathedral of Neyland and said that anyone regardless of their allegiance should make Neyland a part of their bucket list.

Reactions: 4 people
Sorry still coming down from Orange Koolaid high. I meant to say the announcer last night called our house the cathedral of Neyland and said that anyone regardless of their allegiance should make Neyland a part of their bucket list.

I heard this as well.

My throat and ears have not recovered, although going to the game with a sinus infection and then sitting in the downpour pre game didn't help. That's probably the loudest game I've been to tho.

My throat and ears have not recovered, although going to the game with a sinus infection and then sitting in the downpour pre game didn't help. That's probably the loudest game I've been to tho.

The crowd did well, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I've been the Seahawks games - actually, I was at the record breaking game - and the difference is night and day. At that game your ears would hurt (and I mean honestly hurt) even in the concourse. And they do that despite having a smaller stadium with fewer in attendance.

We were loud last night, but it was never more than slightly uncomfortable. We have too many older fans who want to go and have a relaxing experience watching the game.

The crowd did well, but there is a lot of room for improvement. I've been the Seahawks games - actually, I was at the record breaking game - and the difference is night and day. At that game your ears would hurt (and I mean honestly hurt) even in the concourse. And they do that despite having a smaller stadium with fewer in attendance.

We were loud last night, but it was never more than slightly uncomfortable. We have too many older fans who want to go and have a relaxing experience watching the game.

I agree on some of the older fans, but they have the right to enjoy the game however they choose too. I sat in section U last night, which is made up of a lot of wealthy older folks. I believe this is the high dollar donor section, and some were even reading books and browsing on their phones or tablets. Very disappointing! I appreciate the money those folks contribute to our program, but it's a freaking football game, not a high dollar social club! The view from my seats were outstanding, but not the atmosphere there. I don't expect people to stand the whole game (but I'd gladly welcome it), but on big 3rd or 4th downs I wish EVERYBODY that's physically able to would get up and make some noise for the VOLS. That said, does anyone have any recommendations of sections to sit in that are rowdy and passionate about the game going on? Love to sit in a section (not the student section) that's very engaged in the game.

I agree on some of the older fans, but they have the right to enjoy the game however they choose too. I sat in section U last night, which is made up of a lot of wealthy older folks. I believe this is the high dollar donor section, and some were even reading books and browsing on their phones or tablets. Very disappointing! I appreciate the money those folks contribute to our program, but it's a freaking football game, not a high dollar I social club! The view from my seats were outstanding, but not the atmosphere there. I don't expect people to stand the whole game (but I'd gladly welcome it), but on big 3rd or 4th downs I wish EVERYBODY that's physically able to would get up and make some noise for the VOLS. That said, does anyone have any recommendations of sections to sit in that are rowdy and passionate about the game going on? Love to sit in a section (not the student section) that's very engaged in the game.

Good post! It's been that way for 30 years. Just think how loud it would be if everybody joined in.

I heard it too. It was during a third down and you could hear the crowd get louder and louder. He said something like: "what a venue, listen to this crowd."

The commentators kept mentioning the noise level of the crowd, and I'd just like to thank all those reading this post that attended the game and a hooted and a hollered for all of us who were unable to attend. I am going to watch the game again tonight and will continue to marvel at the level of support y'all demonstrated for the team.

Great friggin' job CROWD!!

My voice is gone today. You're welcome :hi:

Each side of the stadium has its job. The West side pays the freight so all have a beautiful stadium and a world class Jumbotron. The East side makes 75% of the noise. West side will toss in another 25%. When I was in school I sat in student section and yelled my head off. Over the years,I have migrated to West side and still clap up a storm and help pay the freight. HOPEFULLY, all of you will follow similar path as you age and prosper.

Reactions: 5 people
My throat is still raging sore and can barely talk. Love it! Place was loud, especially on 3rd down. I think I saw the decimal reader max at 101 in the first quarter.

Each side of the stadium has its job. The West side pays the freight so all have a beautiful stadium and a world class Jumbotron. The East side makes 75% of the noise. West side will toss in another 25%. When I was in school I sat in student section and yelled my head off. Over the years,I have migrated to West side and still clap up a storm and help pay the freight. HOPEFULLY, all of you will follow similar path as you age and prosper.

Well said. Last night I sat on T33, right on the 50. Amazing view but not nearly as loud as D, J, or anywhere else lower level.

I was on the top row in W next to the wall and it was really loud. Aside from the really big jacka$$es in front of us that kept slamming the backs of their padded stadium chairs into our knees (with a$$es that fat you don't need the extra cushion), it was a great experience.

VN Store

Back