247Sports SEC Power Rankings: Week 1

RockyTop411

SIAP

SEC Football Power Rankings Week 1

8. Tennessee- Speaking of young players coming into their own, Butch Jones had his inexperienced team ready to play on Sunday night as the Vols rolled over Utah State, 38-7, in Knoxville. Quarterback Justin Worley (who seemed more mobile Sunday night than he has in the past) was efficient, hitting 27-of-38 passes for 273 yards and three touchdowns. The Vols defense was a bigger story, holding the Aggies to 244 yards of total offense. This team has a tough schedule, but the talent is there to surprise.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 person
Mississippi State doesn't deserve to be #5.

They beat the crap out of So. Miss, a team that is 1-23 in the past two seasons. Any SEC team not named Vandy would have done the same.

We didn't exactly beat a powerhouse team, but our win was more impressive. At least our opponent had a pulse.

They beat the crap out of So. Miss, a team that is 1-23 in the past two seasons. Any SEC team not named Vandy would have done the same.

We didn't exactly beat a powerhouse team, but our win was more impressive. At least our opponent had a pulse.

Thanks for rubbing it in...:p

South Carolina at 9? Really? Either they suck or T A&M is good but I don't think it is both.

Miss St is a solid team. Don't knock them. We are right where we should be for time being. Hey this is an improvement. One step at a time

They are returning 18 starters this year and for a 7-6 SECw team that's not bad. They are also out-recruiting Ole Miss.

Sleeper Team in the SECw if you ask me.

Won't take exception to the rankings but this early they don't mean much. Check back after everyone has played at least 2 league games we will have enough of a sample size to make some informed judgments.

Really hard to judge this early in the season other than Vandy blows, Georgia and TAM were probably the most impressive given the situation. The rest showed problems and vulnerabilities.

Its going to be October before we really see what the teams are about and the injury bug hits. Completely different situation winning with your 1st string, different situation winning with your 2nd and 3rd string.

I think the SEC is going to be pure chaos this year.

South Carolina didn't impress me but I don't think we are above them yet. Otherwise I agree with rankings

SEC Football Power Rankings Week 1

8. Tennessee- Speaking of young players coming into their own, Butch Jones had his inexperienced team ready to play on Sunday night as the Vols rolled over Utah State, 38-7, in Knoxville. Quarterback Justin Worley (who seemed more mobile Sunday night than he has in the past) was efficient, hitting 27-of-38 passes for 273 yards and three touchdowns. The Vols defense was a bigger story, holding the Aggies to 244 yards of total offense. This team has a tough schedule, but the talent is there to surprise.

The only things we can say with confidence right now are as long as Gurley is healthy, UGA should be number 1; everyone in the West except Arky should be ranked ahead of the second team in the east and Vandy is right where they are supposed to be for eternity.

VN Store

Back