Moving on to Arkansas State

Still basking in the orange glow and the warm fuzzies. Not gonna worry bout Arky St. until tomorrow. LOL

Hmm, they beat Montana State 37-10 (game was competitive until the 2nd half). If Arkansas State still had Gus Malzahn as their coach, i'd be a tiny bit concerned. Honestly, we should dominate Arkansas State.

Last year they were a great 3rd quarter team. They out scored their opponets by more then 40 points in the third quarter. They lost their starting QB who was also their second leading rusher. They return a top WR and RB from last year, and Oku is now gone as well. Another uptempo offense that has almost a 50-50 balance between ruining and passing in terms of yardage per game. They like to run the ball, and they averaged over 200 yards per game last year. They also lost 2 of their 3 leading rushers from last year as well. That's all I got for offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
What to watch for?

Trooper Taylor waving his damn towel and chest bumping on the sidelines.

How the mighty have fallen. Thinking he should be an OC to coaching D Backs at Arky ST.

Watch out for a lot of toothless arky fans .

Northeast Arkansas has good people. I lived there a little while. Small school and good fans. Jonesboro is a decent small college town but most everyone there are Razorback fans. I doubt they travel well.

Well, they return their leading rusher and receiver. Should be a good test for our young defenders, but I don't think the talent level will be anywhere close. If the team plays anything like last night this game will also be decided by halftime. I expect a strong focus on tuning up the run game before the real test in Oklahoma.

Last edited:
This is an Arkansas State team that might be worse than Utah State.

I think a 17-21+ point victory is quite likely here.

VN Store

Back