Official Chief to AJ

chieftn15

I have been tough on him for a while and I need to eat some crow. I was at the game last night and if AJ continues to play with that type of speed and Football IQ our Defense will be as good as they have been in a long while. The fumble cause and the tackles were great plays but the thing that caught my eye the most was his coverage on 3rd downs. I watched him every 3rd down and he caused Chuckie to make bad throws or come off of his primary read. USU seemed to try and target him on 3rd down (I am sure b/c of film study) but he time after time rose to the occasion. The only time they got him was the 3rd and 15 pass the back just ran a good route and Chuckie made a great play. But we need AJ to continue to be that type of player all year. He makes our other LB better and he even helps out the secondary a lot too! ATTA boy AJ!

Reactions: 10 people
We saw AJ step up indeed. Seemed like another AJ than last year. Faster, focused, and mean. Thanks for coming back! :bow2:
GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
Without question he was a different player. Butch said after the game that Aj had spotted some tendencies from Keaton in the film room and that helped he during the game last night. That's putting in the work in the film room. Team 118 looked a whole lot better than anything I've seen on the Hill in a while. GBO

Reactions: 1 person
AJ was as dominant last night as any LB I can remember since Al Wilson. And I do not say that lightly. He was Al Wilson-like. We can only hope he will continue to look like that all season.

I have been tough on him for a while and I need to eat some crow. I was at the game last night and if AJ continues to play with that type of speed and Football IQ our Defense will be as good as they have been in a long while. The fumble cause and the tackles were great plays but the thing that caught my eye the most was his coverage on 3rd downs. I watched him every 3rd down and he caused Chuckie to make bad throws or come off of his primary read. USU seemed to try and target him on 3rd down (I am sure b/c of film study) but he time after time rose to the occasion. The only time they got him was the 3rd and 15 pass the back just ran a good route and Chuckie made a great play. But we need AJ to continue to be that type of player all year. He makes our other LB better and he even helps out the secondary a lot too! ATTA boy AJ!

Not sure if his 40 is quicker, or he just knows the reads but he was the best player on the field last night.

AJ will be a first rounder if he continues playing like that...he was ALL over the field. Played like a grown man....

Reeves-Maybin also was all over USU last night

Not sure if his 40 is quicker, or he just knows the reads but he was the best player on the field last night.

I think 90% of it is that he doesn't have to be the guy that makes up for everyone else. There's some talent and speed around him. He gets to play his game now.

AJ was as dominant last night as any LB I can remember since Al Wilson. And I do not say that lightly. He was Al Wilson-like. We can only hope he will continue to look like that all season.

Not so fast my friend....we all like AJ but he's not Al Wilson level yet.

aj looks faster and, I believe he has some help where he didn't have last year.

VN Store

Back