That poor Quarterback!

jasonvols2.2

Dominated! It has been a very long time since we have done that to a QB. It reminded me of the time that Andrew Zow was tortured. (1998)

Reactions: 2 people
We made him look Jr Varsity tonight for sure. His O-Line didn't do him any favors either. I was shock by how long his coaches kept him in. You could tell his knee was bothering him at the end.

Also how about O'Brien making noise at DT. Kid was fired up and causing problems for the USU O-Line all night.

Yeah, I don't understand why they would keep him in. And how about the gang tackling tonight? It seems that I only remember one broke tackle.

Of course, we are going to face better Quarterbacks, Olines, and running backs. But you had to be impressed on how they had a nose for the football tonight.

Oh, and Cam Sutton could leave after his junior season. He is the best D back we have had in a few years.

Reactions: 5 people
Reminded me of the 2006 introduction of Nate Longshore, along with Marshawn Lynch, to Rocky Top when the QB led the #9 Cal Bears into Knoxville. The Vol defense just made their visit to E. TN miserable.

Longshore did go on to lead the Bears to a 10 - 3 record and a share of the Pac-10 title, which says even more to me about the underrated Vols performance that day.

Granted, USU is not Cal, but it was fun watching both QBs who were thought to be big threats struggle against the men in Orange.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I don't understand why they would keep him in. And how about the gang tackling tonight? It seems that I only remember one broke tackle.

Of course, we are going to face better Quarterbacks, Olines, and running backs. But you had to be impressed on how they had a nose for the football tonight.

Oh, and Cam Sutton could leave after his junior season. He is the best D back we have had in a few years.

To Quote Lee Corso

Speed Kills.... Its that simple

The speed, tackling and pursuit to the ball was an A+ effort. They got in Keeton's head early and he was never allowed to settle in and find a rhythm.

It may be only the first game but this defense could be the best we've seen on the Hill in a while.

Reminded me of the 2006 introduction of Nate Longshore, along with Marshawn Lynch, to Rocky Top when the QB led the #9 Cal Bears into Knoxville. The Vol defense just made their visit to E. TN miserable.

Longshore did go on to lead the Bears to a 10 - 3 record and a share of the Pac-10 title, which says even more to me about the underrated Vols performance that day.

Granted, USU is not Cal, but it was fun watching both QBs who were thought to be big threats struggle against the men in Orange.

We are going to have a good maybe even great D this year barring injuries. I know talent when I see it and I see a D loaded with it.

That was just pure stupidity to keep that QB in the game that long. Very risky and foolish move.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah what happened to Chuckie Keeton tonight was probably a felony in all 50 states.

It really should not have happened, dont get me wrong I am not saying we should have laid off, the game was over midway through the third and he should have been pulled.

But hey if you are an idiot butt hurt coach who is going to leave your star offensive weapon in then yes we are going to hit him in the mouth repeatedly.

Ajs interception came strictly because a receiver was afraid of getting hit again. That is the sign of the defense that has been lacking for years.

Reactions: 10 people
My friend texted me while I was at the game saying that QB was a black horse Heisman contender, this was closer to halftime. All I could text back was... "Really?! If they say so".

We are going to have a good maybe even great D this year barring injuries. I know talent when I see it and I see a D loaded with it.

I'm newer to the site, but from what I've seen you post, I generally agree with most of what you have to say. But (not being a negavol), I'm afraid you may be getting a little ahead of yourself. Our defense tonight was flat out dominant. But if Justin Coleman, God bless him, starts all year as CB2, we're in trouble against teams with speed. I'm also high on Danny O'Brien, but this team didn't have the talent, strength, or depth we'll see coming up. I'm so proud of our team effort tonight, especially the D. I'm hoarse from screaming my lungs out for them. But maybe we oughta just stick with "good" for now.:hi:

Reactions: 6 people
Their QB is just coming back from major knee surgery and that coach is a complete moron for leaving him in so long when the outcome of the game was over.

It was obvious to everyone in the country that he was hurting like hell and should have been sitting on the bench with ice on his knee.

Their AD and the kids parents should be chewing that dumb coaches (_)_) big time.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Dominated! It has been a very long time since we have done that to a QB. It reminded me of the time that Andrew Zow was tortured. (1998)

He was average. He was good at taking what the defense gave him but anything past 10 yards is iffy at best.

Some teams will be able to push them around but the upgrade in speed is there. Secondary and LB's are going to be solid all year.

Tonight was a step in the right direction but after next wk we will see how our guys do against some of the big boys

Tonight was a step in the right direction but after next wk we will see how our guys do against some of the big boys

Tackling and containment were as good as we've seen in a long while tonight. That'll have to continue if we are going to compete with Oklahoma.

I was expecting Johnny Utah but saw nothing of the sort.
Chuckie really is an unfortunate name, by the way.

I was expecting Johnny Utah but saw nothing of the sort.
Chuckie really is an unfortunate name, by the way.

He probably shouldn't be playing. He looked about 60%. Seeing as how he was hobbling like an old man and they didn't take him out I'm guessing they don't have anyone worth a damn behind him.

VN Store

Back