AJ Johnson Heisman Hopeful?

eVOLution

What a night for AJ Johnson. I think Butch should reinstall the Beast Package for AJ on ofense. If he keeps making plays on defense and can get some goal line plays on offense maybe his name get thrown in for the heisman race. Heck, Te'o name was being thrown around and he isn't half the player Johnson is

Reactions: 2 people
What a night for AJ Johnson. I think Butch should reinstall the Beast Package for AJ on ofense. If he keeps making plays on defense and can get some goal line plays on offense maybe his name get thrown in for the heisman race. Heck, Te'o name was being thrown around and he isn't half the player Johnson is

Whoa. Tap the breaks buddy. :)

Honestly, with Cam returning punts if he could break a couple, he'd be the more likely candidate.

Not that either guy would, just that a CB/PR would be more likely than a LB.

Takes a good amount of luck to be a Heisman candidate as a defensive player (or any player tbh) because the voter are so absurdly finicky. And you certainly can't win the thing without being on a team with a very good record.

The only reason a defensive guy won in recent years was to not give it to Manning. It would be nice though. AJ is a beast.

He's a legit AA though and all the posters that were giving him chit coming into this season are witnessing how special the guy is when he isn't responsible for doing everything.

Well, if he wore a golden helment and had a fake girlfriend, ESPN and Musburger would be all over AJ in the Heisman conversation. That's why I am saying put in the beast package and let him shine...

ESPN has to be on the bandwagon for a defensive player to get a sniff and last time I checked they hate us.

Sutton is amazing on defense but I do worry he might get the Eric berry treatment. Where opponents throw to the other side because there scared of hin

Takes a good amount of luck to be a Heisman candidate as a defensive player (or any player tbh) because the voter are so absurdly finicky. And you certainly can't win the thing without being on a team with a very good record.

Paul Hornung won it playing on a 2-8 Notre Dame team

VN Store

Back