Kudos to Jancek

Utah state is supposed to be a solid team. What we did was impressive no matter how you slice it.

Reactions: 7 people
I liked seeing everybody flying to the ball. If there was a missed tackle somebody was there to clean up the mess real quick.

Reactions: 4 people
Good call OP. I tend to be conservative but I am jacked about the way our D played and the play calling.

I agree, the defense looked like FUNDAMENTALS had improved vastly. Much less of the bump tackling crap and more wrap up and don't let go. Not so many people looked clueless and played positions MUCH better.

Ohhh yeah and it helps AJ was in beast mode all night long.

Reactions: 1 person
AJ played like a man possessed. His special teams play, LB pursuit, and just getting his team lined up and motivated.
AJ has always been a good tackler. Now he is a play maker. He looked fast and furious.
Maggitt showed flashes.

I just keep telling myself to hold out a few more years and we are going to be crazy good. It's coming. With us playing well I think it's drastically going to help us recruit even better. If we land Shy Tuttle, Sapp, another top DB, Richmond, and maybe a surprise player we are going to dominate the SEC east come 2016. I only see UGA as a problem for us by then. I'm not a sunshine pumper, I don't think we are going to win more then 6-7 games this year including a bowl game. What I do know is this, from what I saw tonight, this freshman class is special. These guys are going to reap benefits from playing with guys like AJ. The great thing is I believe Maggit, Randolph, Weatherd, Obrien, and Cam will carry that leadership over to next year with an even better team. What we did tonight was special because for the first time I saw a defense that played football. We played straight up passionate football on defense and we owned Utah State off the bat psychologically. This team isn't going to lay down. No more docile football teams! Things are changing, and tonight was the first time in 5-6 years that I turned the tv off and looked at my Dad with a smile and said that our defense played like some nasty, hard a@@ SOB, and I love it.

Sutton was in lock-down mode all nigtht.

And the entire front 7 was awesome. Congrats to D. O'Brien and J. Williams on those back to back 3rd and 1 then 4th and 1 stops.

Reactions: 2 people
I had to check multiple times to see if it was actually Tennessee that was playing. I turn 18 in September and only started really watching football during Dooley's last two years. I'm used to watching bad defensive play. I felt a feeling tonight I haven't felt before.

GBO

Reactions: 4 people
everything look great to me except special team needs a little more work and QB needs a lot of work

VN Store

Back