Sunshine pumpers unite. What was your favorite aspect of the game?

TNV

Mine was Worley Bird. Almost 300 yards around 70% completion rate and any bad passing ball went in the stands. Ainge style.:dance2:

Chris Weatherd and Jason Croom.

Chris Weatherd looked explosive off the edge and disruptive several plays in the backfield.

Jason Croom looked like a mismatch waiting to happen. Looked very good getting open.

Reactions: 2 people
The best aspect of the game, imo, is that Tennessee was in complete control of the game from start to finish and never, at any point in time, were you lead to believe that Utah State had any chance of winning the game.

Reactions: 12 people
The FINAL score...

J/K. I love seeing speed again on both sides of the ball.

I like what the announcer said about Worley. "You haven't even so much as sniffed a turnover from this guy."

The running game keeps getting brought up. Let's take a look at some stats. USU didn't give up a 100 yard rusher last year and held every team they played below their season average. If there is one aspect they were very good at, it is run defense.

Reactions: 4 people
As for my favorite thing tonight. DEFENSE. We had team speed I haven't seen in years. We tackled one on one, in open space, we swarmed, we had swagger. The front 7 are better than last year by far.

Reactions: 1 person
The design on offense was tremendous. I don't remember us looking that exotic in our formations at any point last year.

Also, the incorporation of the TE's was great.

Worley Bird beasted.

The best aspect of the game, imo, is that Tennessee was in complete control of the game from start to finish and never, at any point in time, were you lead to believe that Utah State had any chance of winning the game.

Good to hear that from a third party.

FISHING for likes, & you caught one...............Gator :dance:

I liked the play of our cornerbacks--they came up and tackled well on several quick passes/screens out wide. Have to have tough, good tacklers out in space these days against spread offenses or you are dead.

tackling was great. D line was great. Cam Sutton solid. Run more Lane and less Hurd, sorry guys, but Hurd ran soft and timid. Not saying that will always be the case, but it was tonight.. made me wish we had gotten Nick Chubb. More slants to Croom and North. Worley keeper 2-3 more times. great game.

I liked the play of our cornerbacks--they came up and tackled well on several quick passes/screens out wide. Have to have tough, good tacklers out in space these days against spread offenses or you are dead.

I think our tackling problems in the past have been speed related. You need speed to get yourself in proper position and get your head across on a tackle.

aint that the truth

VN Store

Back