What happened with Dobbs

VolFan37323

I was just wondering what happened to Josh Dobbs that he dropped all the way to 3rd string is he that bad that he basically bench warmer now.

Peterman got better. Josh peaked in Spring, then got into an accuracy funk. He'll get better...not that much worse than Peterman.

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully cause I want to see him play with his ability to run he brings a whole different strategy to the offense.

he cannot redshirt as a true soph unless a special waiver which wont happen.. this isnt NCAA 14.. sit tight on Dobbs his time will come

CTVolsfan14, has there been a rule change on this matter in recent years?

Travis Stephens took a redshirt in 1999 to put some separation between himself and Travis Henry and Jamal Lewis. Travis played briefly as a true freshman in 1997, more extensively as a true sophomore in 1998, sat out 1999, was the backup for Travis Henry in 2000 and then had a gargantuan redshirt senior year in 2001, highlighted by his extraordinary performance against Florida in the Swamp.

Last edited:
he cannot redshirt as a true soph unless a special waiver which wont happen.. this isnt NCAA 14.. sit tight on Dobbs his time will come

There is no issue with being misinformed, we all are at some point or another...but to be misinformed AND pass off misinformation while being a smartass about it....that takes talent!

Reactions: 5 people
Hopefully cause I want to see him play with his ability to run he brings a whole different strategy to the offense.

He can't throw a lick...Needs to practice and learn the system better...He was horrible last season...Not sure why people were so high on him...Needs a LOT of improvement.

VN Store

Back