No Doubt about It

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Worley is the leader of this offense. He was lights out tonight. The light really did come on before his injury last year. I know longer have any doubt in his ability to run and execute this offense.
:hi:
Hats of to this young man. I am no longer a doubter. We got ourselves a good QB in Knoxville guys.

273 YDS, 3 TD NO PICKS

Not bad, Not bad at all.

Go Vols:rock:

Reactions: 8 people
he did everything he needed to. I would have liked to seen a little more consistency early in the game, but I can't really complain about that stat line.

Reactions: 1 person
If he plays like that, we won't win them all, but
we'll be happy. Glad he looked so good.

Confidence is the difference. I've known all along he could do it. HE just needed to know it.

Worley is the leader of this offense. He was lights out tonight. The light really did come on before his injury last year. I know longer have any doubt in his ability to run and execute this offense.
Hats of to this young man. I am no longer a doubter. We got ourselves a good QB in Knoxville guys.

273 YDS, 3 TD NO PICKS

Not bad, Not bad at all.

pull the ball a few more times to keep the defense honest, and lead the receivers a little better so they don't have to slide to catch the ball so often (really only saw this in the first half) and I will be perfectly happy!

Reactions: 2 people
"....but.....but.....we didn't run the ball well,"says Negvol.

Impressive win and great effort by entire team and staff. ESPN, how do you like us now?

pull the ball a few more times to keep the defense honest, and lead the receivers a little better so they don't have to slide to catch the ball so often (really only saw this in the first half) and I will be perfectly happy!

He needs more touch on his Deep Balls but I give him a pass because its the first game. He was pressured a lot tonight and responded well.

I did not like the inconsistency at the beginning of the game but overall I think we had an awesome start to the season!!!

273 YDS, 3 TD NO PICKS

Not bad, Not bad at all.

I've been rolling with the Worley avi for a week or two now.

Still struggles with accuracy/timing on longer throws but still much improved over last year. I recall him having accuracy problems regardless of length of pass last year against far inferior opponents. Tonight his command, leadership, accuracy, and decision making impressed me.

I especially liked that 8-9 yard run he had in the 3rd iirc.

He was not "lights out" but did a good job. would have liked to have seen more slants and less forced throws down the sidelines....

Reactions: 2 people

Wow....

Worley is good when the coaches don't ask him to do too much. Three quarters of his completions were short, quick and basic--LOTS of bubble screens (we must have thrown AT LEAST 10), little roll-out tosses to the TE. I'm fine with it--execute the short passing game, make yards and first downs. The problem comes when we try to throw deep, as we did throughout the 2nd quarter. That was an absolute mess--bad timing, bad throw, drops, sacks. Worley is not a great downfield passer. But he manages a game well, doesn't make mistakes--all very good. Just need to keep improving the offense as we will not get away with all those bubble screens against SEC teams. We've got some talent at WR position--just need to keep utilizing it creatively and block the run lots better.

VN Store

Back