missed opportunity with NP

munsterlander

No one of consequence.
Not much to complain about tonight, but it seemed like a complete waste of a very good opportunity to actually let NP get some game experience. Came in with 8 minutes, didn't let him do anything except handoff up the middle (ok, 1 throw) and ran the clock down on every play. I know, I know, up 38-7, you want to run the clock down - just thought it was a waste and NP could use a little confidence-building if not redemption...

But a great night to be a Vol!

Darr's injury looked really bad on replay - hope he can walk tomorrow...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Agree on NP. He should have had the opportunity to run the play book more. He'll have to replace Worley if he gets hurt, so why not let him go.

Guys, it's called clock management. The goal wasn't to get Peterman a bunch of stats. The goal was to get the game over with.

Reactions: 3 people
Agree, let the guy throw it.... we deserve it.... we have had a long road in that stadium the past five years and we should be able to do what we want and it be considered fine.

Reactions: 1 person
Guys, it's called clock management. The goal wasn't to get Peterman a bunch of stats. The goal was to get the game over with.

Duh, thanks Sherlock. I acknowledged that in my post and I doubt any of us needed you to explain it. Still a missed opportunity.

Don't think he should be heaving it downfield but maybe let him throw some screens or something

The game was easily in hand, so they should have let him throw and run the offense per normal. You run the clock down when the game is somewhat closer. Coaches could have and should have allowed him to do more because you don't get opportunities like tonight too often.

Reactions: 1 person
You do realize we play AP next week. I'm pretty sure that NP will have ample opportunities.

We looked dam good...

Duh, thanks Sherlock. I acknowledged that in my post and I doubt any of us needed you to explain it. Still a missed opportunity.

You answered your own question in your original post. Why are you starting a stupid thread when you already know the answer to your asinine question? It isn't difficult. "Run Clock" means "Don't Pass".

You answered your own question in your original post. Why are you starting a stupid thread when you already know the answer to your asinine question? It isn't difficult. "Run Clock" means "Don't Pass".

I didn't ask a question, I made a simple observation. You see no value in developing a qb on which the team might need to depend at any moment, even when a golden, no risk opportunity presents itself. Fine. Chill out and stop acting like your the only person around here with a brain.

I didn't ask a question, I made a simple observation. You see no value in developing a qb on which the team might need to depend at any moment, even when a golden, no risk opportunity presents itself. Fine. Chill out and stop acting like your the only person around here with a brain.

Making a few poinless throws in garbage time isn't where QBs develop. They develop in practice. The point of playing in a game is to win. You do the things that give you the best chance to win. Throwing the ball with your second string QB isn't on that list.

Making a few poinless throws in garbage time isn't where QBs develop. They develop in practice. The point of playing in a game is to win. You do the things that give you the best chance to win. Throwing the ball with your second string QB isn't on that list.

Yeah, cause throwing in practice is exactly like throwing in front of a nearly still packed Neyland stadium.

Clearly you have to be right, so lets just say you win. If only I knew as much about football as you.

I think you need to get NP a meaningful series in the first half. Your back up needs to be ready.

Yeah, cause throwing in practice is exactly like throwing in front of a nearly still packed Neyland stadium.

Clearly you have to be right, so lets just say you win. If only I knew as much about football as you.

I don't always have to be right. It just so happens that, in this case, I am.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back