Beginner Tips!!

ImportedVoL

The Converted Yankee
About to head to campus, Just wanted to say "see you there" to the rest of volnation. It is going to be flippin ELECTRIC in Neyland tonight.

I can not wait until I see that T open up!!

So here are my tips to anyone out there who will be making their first trip to Neyland today.. Be it UtahSt fans. Or Vol fans who are finally getting to see a game live. Either one, there are a few things you can do to make sure a great day does not turn into a bad one.

A) Ladies... Purse's are a very bad Idea. I know how scary it is not having your make-up with you, but purses make easy targets for theft, and they will be searched when entering. So that yeast infection medicine could create an embarrassing moment. Take your ID and some cash and lock up everything else in your trunk. As a purse sitting on a car seat makes an easy target also.

B) If you bring your kids, be a parent. There are 103 thousand people in Neyland. And not a single one of them wants to be bumped into, hear kids yelling and running around unsupervised. Crying over BooBoo's, whining over candy, or anything else. In other words, keep them under control. For their Safety, and everyone else s sanity.

C) Bring a butt pillow, especially if in the bleacher seats. Your butt will thank you greatly. Not only for the comfort but for the hygiene. And today it could be raining, keeping your butt dry is always a plus.

D) STAND AND YELL- every time that the situation dictates. Every defensive down when the other team is kicking and so on.. This is a game where home field advantage could be a bigger factor then usual. 103k can be very intimidating when your home stadium is the size of some of the bigger High school's out there.

E) We are witnessing history.. This will go down as the start of the rise of UT going into another Decade of Dominance. Buy something to mark the occasion. Its proven that memories are tied to items. Having an Item to link to the occasion will allow you to remember this game much more and more vividly through out your life.

F) MOST of all, have fun and don't sweat the small stuff. I know people who when one little thing happens and they get mad or frustrated. Then the rest of the day is shot, because they can't let it go. So if you run into a small snag along the way, keep your eyes on the big picture.. Let it go and make the rest of your day a great one.

G) REPEAT D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GBO... Vols win by 3 Possessions, and back ups get some work in the fourth quarter.

It is going to be a great day in Knoxvegas!!

Reactions: 13 people
About to head to campus, Just wanted to say "see you there" to the rest of volnation. It is going to be flippin ELECTRIC in Neyland tonight.

I can not wait until I see that T open up!!

So here are my tips to anyone out there who will be making their first trip to Neyland today.. Be it UtahSt fans. Or Vol fans who are finally getting to see a game live. Either one, there are a few things you can do to make sure a great day does not turn into a bad one.

A) Ladies... Purse's are a very bad Idea. I know how scary it is not having your make-up with you, but purses make easy targets for theft, and they will be searched when entering. So that yeast infection medicine could create an embarrassing moment. Take your ID and some cash and lock up everything else in your trunk. As a purse sitting on a car seat makes an easy target also.

B) If you bring your kids, be a parent. There are 103 thousand people in Neyland. And not a single one of them wants to be bumped into, hear kids yelling and running around unsupervised. Crying over BooBoo's, whining over candy, or anything else. In other words, keep them under control. For their Safety, and everyone else s sanity.

C) Bring a butt pillow, especially if in the bleacher seats. Your butt will thank you greatly. Not only for the comfort but for the hygiene. And today it could be raining, keeping your butt dry is always a plus.

D) STAND AND YELL- every time that the situation dictates. Every defensive down when the other team is kicking and so on.. This is a game where home field advantage could be a bigger factor then usual. 103k can be very intimidating when your home stadium is the size of some of the bigger High school's out there.

E) We are witnessing history.. This will go down as the start of the rise of UT going into another Decade of Dominance. Buy something to mark the occasion. Its proven that memories are tied to items. Having an Item to link to the occasion will allow you to remember this game much more and more vividly through out your life.

F) MOST of all, have fun and don't sweat the small stuff. I know people who when one little thing happens and they get mad or frustrated. Then the rest of the day is shot, because they can't let it go. So if you run into a small snag along the way, keep your eyes on the big picture.. Let it go and make the rest of your day a great one.

G) REPEAT D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GBO... Vols win by 3 Possessions, and back ups get some work in the fourth quarter.

It is going to be a great day in Knoxvegas!!

Another one of these???:ermm:

JK...good stuff!

Reactions: 2 people
Awesome post. I'm wondering if anyone knows of some restaurants around neyland that are offering parking promotions? I.e. pay $25 to park and get to use that as a credit towards food and drinks in said restaurant before or after the game. First year season ticket holder here looking to not get ripped off in finding a parking spot. Any advice would be appreciated! GBO!

Awesome post. I'm wondering if anyone knows of some restaurants around neyland that are offering parking promotions? I.e. pay $25 to park and get to use that as a credit towards food and drinks in said restaurant before or after the game. First year season ticket holder here looking to not get ripped off in finding a parking spot. Any advice would be appreciated! GBO!

Ruths Kris or whatever its called does this and their food is fantastic.

I'm freaking excited! I feel like a kid on Christmas day.

Quick question: I managed to score a G-10 pass. Is there a time that is too early to try to get into the garage? I'm thinking about getting there around 1:30. I would imagine the answer to my question is no, but just want to be sure.

Watch out for the underage kids who cant handle their booze and havent had water in a few days. You'll see em dropping like flies in line for some nachos during the half.

Great Job OP....kudos

Should be required reading before entering the stadium...

Could add.....Have Fun....The first experience will bring you back for sure....

Fan support is the most important element and intangible asset for our players.

Another one of these???:ermm:

JK...good stuff!

The OP gave some good information. I appreciate the post. I know of fans who have had their purse stolen, had to dispose of stuff the could not bring inside the stadium, and have let their children run around like brats.

For those of us watching at home and following on VN, here's a tip: ignore the posters who log on to VN only during games and throw in the towel on the season after the first 3 and out by our offense.

Reactions: 4 people
For those of us watching at home and following on VN, here's a tip: ignore the posters who log on to VN only during games and throw in the towel on the season after the first 3 and out by our offense.

This.

I just hope everyone sticks around through the weather. Gonna be some storms move through between 4 and 5. Maybe it will move further east beforehand

Is there a particular reason, you and a few select other posters must always make a negative/rude remark? Just wondering

Reactions: 1 person
I just hope everyone sticks around through the weather. Gonna be some storms move through between 4 and 5. Maybe it will move further east beforehand

Sticks around??? Because of the weather....prior to the game...

Radar doesn't look nearly as impressive as it did yesterday at this time. I am hopeful whatever does develop will be fairly scattered and will move through before kickoff.

Bring a poncho just in case, you might be glad you have one. The monsoon at the game with Oregon a couple of years ago was fun for the drunk students, but not so much for anyone else.

I understand that we have those posters, but they don't happen as much as his negative remarks. And don't even get me started on Boca.

Oh man have you read a game thread before? Read the official game thread and keep up with it during the game. Everyone is so excited now. Once the game starts it's "Worley still sucks!!!" "I'm not seeing the improvement" "defense still can't tackle" etc...

VN Store

Back