WatchESPN question

Other_Guy

foolishFool
Has/does anyone use it? A situation may cause me to have to listen to the radio (like old times) but I'm wondering if watchespn is worth the trouble. It would be on a home computer.

It only works with cable companies that have an agreement with ESPN but most do. You have to log into the app using the username and password of your cable account.

I watched football all day on my phone yesterday with the app. I have Comcast service. They show all the games on the ABC networks, which will include SECN. It shouldn't be a problem. Hope that helps!

I used it before and it works good if your computer and internet connection is decent.

It's fantastic!

While skimming channels yesterday via T.V. (My 77" which "goes to 11")...

It's great to have iPad in your hands as well for watching other games/scrolling scores...

Yes...College Football is back and it IS my favorite time of the year!

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah it's good, unless your cable sucks like mine..Brighthouse. I have the SEC channel but can't use the ESPN app to watch SEC games. Thanks Dimhouse.

It is a great app. But like others have said, you have to have a cable subscription with the channel that you are trying to watch. For example, if your cable package doesn't have SEC Network I don't think you'll be able to watch the game tonight on the app.

Edit: The same is true for the Desktop version

It works good with my roku ,pluse most of them are replayed today if you missed it yesterday

I have the hopper with Dish and I can watch Dish anywhere using my phone or tablet. Used it a lot last year when UT was playing but had to my kids Saturday events.

Another question that MAY come up for me tonight, will it be blacked out in Tennessee, and can I get around it?

Has/does anyone use it? A situation may cause me to have to listen to the radio (like old times) but I'm wondering if watchespn is worth the trouble. It would be on a home computer.

It's nice if you have high speed internet and two monitors, so you can put the game on one monitor and blog/surf on the other.

I just go to espn3(which takes me to espn.go.com) and watch the sec network there. whats the difference with a app ?

on my home PC that is.

Last edited:
Seems like everything was covered in previous posts but one. I tried watching the USC vs TAMU game and it was like pulling teeth trying to get a constant video feed. The video wouldn't load for 30 minutes at a time while other games streamed perfectly. Watchespn and the SEC network dropped the ball that night and many angry fans took to twitter to voice their concerns. So possibly be ready for that

It's my sisters birthday, she made the dinner reservation for 7:39pm TONIGHT?!?!?!?! now she's not a football fan but jeeeeeez on the first game night?!

Luckily I got my father in laws cable log in info and just checked it on my phone to log in to watch espn to catch the first half (hopefully at most, but at least) on my phone!

I've done the same at work on some saturdays last year and it worked well but the games were on espnU or only on the app then so hopefully they have the SECN issues worked out!

Game is sold out no black out

I don't think they use the NFL rules for black outs. It's more a regional thing than it has to do with tickets sold.

But I don't think any games on the SECN will be blacked out on the WatchESPN app or website.

I have ATT u200, which I expected to have the SEC network, but because I'm in Maryland, I need u300. Oh well, I can listen to it.

VN Store

Back