Big Thanks to Butch Jones....

ballou1024

Orange Blooded
Big Up to Coach Jones for having the balls to accept (our) the VOLS head coaching position!

Just watching the games of all the coaches that were offered and turned down our head coaching position: Fedora, Gundy, Strong and Petersen. Glad they did not accept the position, and glad we got a coach that will give his ALL for Tennessee!:rock:

Reactions: 34 people
Big Up to Coach Jones for having the balls to accept (our) the VOLS head coaching position!

Just watching the games of all the coaches that were offered and turned down our head coaching position: Fedora, Gundy, Strong and Petersen. Glad they did not accept the position, and glad we got a coach that will give his ALL for Tennessee!:rock:
I would have taken Peterson

Reactions: 2 people
shows u thank god for the season.. people have no clue.. its a job that he was offered n we doubled his salary.. u/would be all orange also if u were offered 3m a year..

its time for him to earn his money...

Reactions: 9 people
shows u thank god for the season.. people have no clue.. its a job that he was offered n we doubled his salary.. u/would be all orange also if u were offered 3m a year..

It's time for you to stop letting your teenage daughter type your posts with her cell phone.

Reactions: 36 people

My friend you sound like one of THE VN FOOTBALL EXPERTS who think CBJ should win 8 or 9 games this year. It is not happening unless we get lucky like candy did last year and play every team after a bunch of injuries.

BUTCH IS EARNING HIS MONEY. He has restored our pride, and given us hope for the future. He has not blown smoke up our arses with high expectations. He has said we have a long way to go, but he is earning his money right now getting 4 and 5 * recruits to come to UT even when we have been down. Take a look at the recruiting sites and show me another team with multiple year losing streak that is recruiting anywhere near what CBJ AND HIS STAFF ARE DOING. We will be back on top and when we are we better be prepared to pay CBJ a whole lot more than $ 3 MIL or anther team will steal him from us. Would you want to lose him to FL or USC Jr in a couple of years, I know I do not. AD just pay the man, and bump THIG right now as well.

Reactions: 30 people
Butch is working like heck and he's being paid handsomely for it. The wins are gonna come and they start today. GBO

Reactions: 1 person

Not again. Not that "woe is us...nobody wants to coach here" crowd.

Just for your information....Gary Patterson was very interested in the job when Kiffin was hired. And Kevin Sumlin was interested when Dooley was chosen. Hamilton is the one to blame...not the program.

Attachments

• tumblr_man06esc9g1rwr0kz.gif
    tumblr_man06esc9g1rwr0kz.gif
    893.8 KB · Views: 862
Reactions: 7 people

A lot of your big name coaches only wants to take over a program that has a lot of talent already in place. They do not want to put in the hard work it takes to rebuild it. Butch and his coaches has put in that hard work. I think we will be a lot better next year. After what Dooley left him it takes a couple years to get the right players here. We see now that Dooley was not doing that. I am glad the other coaches turned the Tennessee program down. We have the right coach in place now to get us back on top of the SEC. And if you on top of the SEC you at the top in the nation.

Reactions: 6 people
My friend you sound like one of THE VN FOOTBALL EXPERTS who think CBJ should win 8 or 9 games this year. It is not happening unless we get lucky like candy did last year and play every team after a bunch of injuries.

BUTCH IS EARNING HIS MONEY. He has restored our pride, and given us hope for the future. He has not blown smoke up our arses with high expectations. He has said we have a long way to go, but he is earning his money right now getting 4 and 5 * recruits to come to UT even when we have been down. Take a look at the recruiting sites and show me another team with multiple year losing streak that is recruiting anywhere near what CBJ AND HIS STAFF ARE DOING. We will be back on top and when we are we better be prepared to pay CBJ a whole lot more than $ 3 MIL or anther team will steal him from us. Would you want to lose him to FL or USC Jr in a couple of years, I know I do not. AD just pay the man, and bump THIG right now as well.

Doubtful this season but, maybe Butch can restore another tradition for the Vols, actually making a bowl game.

Vandy was too much for him to overcome last year so who knows

Given the hours Butch is logging, that should put him a little over minimum wage.

One time the highly-paid salaried folks in my dad's company got together to figure out how much they were making in an hour.

I think, by hour, these high ranking execs and people with multiple high-level graduate degrees were making something like $15.00/hr with the amount of hours they were putting in per week and with taxes removed. Some of them were putting in 90 hours plus every week during this particular time.

The one that I am most glad that didn't have any interest in the job is Muschamp. Wow! What a disaster he would have been.

On the other hand, Sumlin was interested but Hamilton was not interested in him.

I love what Butch is doing but does it really take "balls" to take accept a huge promotion that offers a salary that is more than most people will earn in their entire lives, and if it turns out that you can't do the job you get a big fat firing bonus as well?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back