Scheduling question

cwbytruckers

How would you all as Vol fans feel about a scheduled game at Hawaii. Washington is allowed a 13 game regular season because of the game in Hawaii. An extra game. Another game day for us fans. Just curious what everyone thinks.

Reactions: 2 people
How would you all as Vol fans feel about a scheduled game at Hawaii. Washington is allowed a 13 game regular season because of the game in Hawaii. An extra game. Another game day for us fans. Just curious what everyone thinks.

13 games? I did not know that. Why is it they can play 13?

Reactions: 1 person
I would love to have an excuse to go to Hawaii. A game would be perfect. It would be tough not staying however lol.

I know Bama played in Hawaii during one of their probation years ('02 or '03). It served as a de facto bowl game for the team and fans.

Reactions: 1 person
UT played there in 1975. You are not required to count an at Hawaii game as one of your games because it's not in the lower 48. I hope HI can continue it's FB program. That would be ashamed. Think it's a matter of finances. Surely some wealthy Hawaiian could assist!

Hawaii usually plays a 13 game schedule with 7 home games. I think it's to help offset travel expenses. I didn't know they were in danger of losing their program. I have enjoyed watching them for years compete as underdogs against the better PAC 12 teams. I preferred the Rainbow Warriors over just the Warriors though. But what I wasn't clear on. With a young team like we have. The extra game would be welcomed for the practice and game experience.

I'm sure the air fare makes it harder for Hawaii to profit on games. Maybe they just go independent and then they can get 4-5 profitable travel games each year (one from each of the Big 5 conferences).

I doubt they are making much money going to UNLV, Nevada, Boise State and New Mexico for conference games...no bus rides all air fare.

VN Store

Back