I think bates will be mlb next year

BeattieFeathers

Only reason he is playing olb is to get on the field because aj isn't coming out. Good to see Berry and mcdowell move to linebacker where we need more speed. I really like tge way we are designing our defense to get more overall speed on the field.

Dillon Bates is going to be a great OLB. Cecil "POPPIN" Cherry is our future MLB. :whistling:

Bates is so good in pass coverage. Aren't OLBs more important for pass coverage more than MLBs?

2015:
MLBs: Cherry, Bryant, Jumper, Bynum
OLBs: Bates, Weatherd, JRM, QSapp, Elliot Berry
Jakob Johnson

Reactions: 1 person
With today's football and the spread/hurry up offenses becoming a mainstay you need all of your speed on the edges and OLB is critical for that. I would agree with your comment if this was run dominated offenses on the past

However it works out I'm glad we have this young man.
Have you seen him and heard him talk. Damn, he's impressive. Seems very intelligent. Gonna be a huge piece of the continuing Vol saga. Wherever he plays there will be some pads popping. :yes::pepper:
GO VOLS!

The OP would be wrong. Bates is a Will and could grow into a Sam. That is all. Would be totally wasted at Mike.

Reactions: 2 people
The OP would be wrong. Bates is a Will and could grow into a Sam. That is all. Would be totally wasted at Mike.

He already weighs 230 lbs and will get bigger. Secondly, he is very intelligent. Notice how the coaches have said aj is the one person we can't afford to lose? The reason being that mlb gets everybody lined up correctly. Bates is going to be about 245 lbs. I think he could be another urlacher.u
I think if aj goes down, bates moves there now, and tge only reason he isn't there now is because he will get more pt at olb. Keep in mind when we go to nickel, one olb comes out. Bates will never come out. I'm that high on the kid.

Last edited:
Only reason he is playing olb is to get on the field because aj isn't coming out. Good to see Berry and mcdowell move to linebacker where we need more speed. I really like tge way we are designing our defense to get more overall speed on the field.

Weren't you the one that nicknamed Dobbs the Dobkin or something like that and put him as # 1 QB about 7 to 8 months ago

I knew Berry was moved to OLB, but when did McDowell get moved? I knew it was a possibility when he was recruited and during practices but I must've missed it somehow.

I knew Berry was moved to OLB, but when did McDowell get moved? I knew it was a possibility when he was recruited and during practices but I must've missed it somehow.

McDowell is listed as 'DB' on official roster and is not in the two deep. My guess, special teams and the evaluate at year end.

Last I checked McDowell was a two deep Safety. Did you mean Jakob Johnson moving back to LB from DE?

He's white so it's just a matter of time before he moves to mike. Also, I look for Josh Smith to be the next Wes Welker. Out of our QBs, Worley manages the game the best, but Dobbs is far and away the superior athlete of the bunch. I love Danny O'Brien's work ethic; the dudes motor never stops.

VN Store

Back