Seems like majority of the nation is drinking the Aggie koolaid

Power T-Rev

Tennessee is bad for your health
The line in Vegas keeps dropping ( now down to -4.5). Most of the money is also on USU (86%). This basically means most of the nation is thinking the aggies are going to pull an upset. Do you think the vols are in real danger of losing this game or is USU overhyped?

Reactions: 1 person
I think we win but it will be closer than most here will like. If I'm wrong I will be more than happy to eat crow.

Reactions: 3 people
This game is not in the bag, IMO. Hard to tell about a line 'cause you don't know if people are betting with their heart or their brain.

Hopefully the stage is bigger and louder than they were prepared for. They won't be another NCstate , Western KY , Montana etc. though. They will likely give us a real game.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't understand what TAMU beating USCe has to do with the USU/UT game. Maybe TAMU and USU both having the "Aggie" nickname has confused some betters.:dunno:

The line in Vegas keeps dropping ( now down to -4.5). Most of the money is also on USU (86%). This basically means most of the nation is thinking the aggies are going to pull an upset. Do you think the vols are in real danger of losing this game or is USU overhyped?

thats not what it means, it means people don't think we win by more than 7 points. it doesn't say if people think they win.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't understand what TAMU beating USCe has to do with the USU/UT game. Maybe TAMU and USU both having the "Aggie" nickname has confused some betters.:dunno:

I think it has to do with TAMU, and Temple going on the road as underdogs and winning big.

Upsets are trending right now that is all.

thats not what it means, it means people don't think we win by more than 7 points. it doesn't say if people think they win.

Lots of fans here think we are going to blow USU out and I have no idea why. These guys are well coached and they do have talent. We are in for a real fight Sunday.

Reactions: 7 people

I know that. Most people are thinking that USU is either going to win or lose by less than 4 points. Thus the line keeps dropping which was initially set by Vegas

Given our past few seasons is anyone really surprised by this

Absolutely. Keeton is coming off of a torn ACL We are much more talent and they are basically replacing their entire secondary. What was there biggest win last year, San Jose State? Give me a break. USU should not be in this game by the third quarter.

Reactions: 1 person
I know that. Most people are thinking that USU is either going to win or lose by less than 4 points. Thus the line keeps dropping which was initially set by Vegas

if it dropped to 2 1/2 you would see a drastic change in betting.

Ill be honest im tired of so many people even VOL fans not having confidence we win handedly. Their QB and RB are each returning from ACL tears, they have a new OL and DL, they do have good LBs, but then their secondary is depleted with a guy who couldn't make it here, starting for them. I think we win by 17+.

Reactions: 9 people
USU has played tough against tough opponents. They've won games and proved they can play disciplined football. Except for a couple of games last year, since 2009 we have been about as bad as possible. In fact, the worst in Tennessee history. At this point, we are gonna have to earn our relevance. We took a step last year against USC but we have a ways to go.

Until we get a QB that is a real talented passer or can create pressure on defense with his legs, and until we get a tougher D, we're going to struggle.

Vols will struggle simply from the amount of untested linemen (both sides of the ball)... and add in the number of freshmen getting playing time.

It will be a tough win if the Vols pull it out. Not too hard to comprehend at this point.

I say close and a cigar (7 pts).

Ill be honest im tired of so many people even VOL fans not having confidence we win handedly. Their QB and RB are each returning from ACL tears, they have a new OL and DL, they do have good LBs, but then their secondary is depleted with a guy who couldn't make it here, starting for them. I think we win by 17+.

Thank you :hi:.

It's good that they are. I say Let them drink the Chuckie Keaton cool aid, if UT wins big then respect will come their way.

Vols will struggle simply from the amount of untested linemen (both sides of the ball)... and add in the number of freshmen getting playing time.

It will be a tough win if the Vols pull it out. Not too hard to comprehend at this point.

I say close and a cigar (7 pts).

Temple is younger than we are and they just smacked an SEC team around badly. We shouldn't have much trouble with a team whose defense is depleted and their main offensive weapons coming off of major injuries.

With our talent over USU's talent, we should shut them out. That's not even taking into account a Neyland crowd. Maybe the Odd's makers are looking at coaching playing a big roll in the outcome.
If we do lose......youth and inexperience should not be used as an excuse, as a great many came in as EE. If we lose, it will be because of poor coaching.

VN Store

Back