Within the next two years

GBO97

The Beast is Rising
The traditional big 3 of the East will be back in power again. Us and UF appear to be rebounding, and Georgia isn't going anywhere. The other 4 peasants are either bad or sharply declining.

The traditional big 3 of the East will be back in power again. Us and UF appear to be rebounding, and Georgia isn't going anywhere. The other 4 peasants are either bad or sharply declining.

UF isn't rebounding. They still have more falling to do.

Now whether the rebound begins after they fire Muschamp is to be seen.

Reactions: 2 people
Never count out the ole ball coach. As long as he wants to coach, his teams will be good despite what happened last night. As far as Florida goes, I hope they keep their current coach forever. Richt has become another Fulmer, they don't have long to live.

Spurrier has put together a great recruiting class for next year. If the class holds together, and Spurrier sticks around, I wouldn't count on them going away any time soon. Of course, Spurrier is getting pretty long in the tooth, we'll see what happens.

If this proves to be true.... With Georgia's penchant for underachieving, I wouldn't be shocked if we became the team to beat in the East in 2015, and stayed that way for a few years.

2 Issues i have hete
1 where is the proof we are rebounding?
2 where is the proof SC is declining?

We are on the way up. But Florida is on their way down. Hope they keep Muschamp. In a year or two it will be between us and Georgia for the SEC east,

2 Issues i have hete

Technically there is no proof yet (also none fl is rebounding or Mizzou is declining either). I'm just basing this on what directions each program appears to be heading. Right now, us florida and uga seem to have bright futures (and to some extent UK) but things will likely be a struggle for SC, Mizzou and vandy, all of which likely have recently hit their peak.

2016 front seven:
DL: Hendrix, Barnett, McKenzie, Tuttle
LB: Reeves-Maybin, Bates, Cherry

Secondary should be elite. Can't wait to see that team on the field.

Reactions: 2 people

After a 4-8 season, you think they will fall further? They will be a surprisingly very good team this year, especially on defense.

UF is a bit more questionable than the past for a couple of reasons. The biggest is FSU and Jimbo plus the continued draw of other FL schools. The second is the continued trend toward national recruiting. Kids just don't have the loyalties they used to and parents can watch practically every game they can't attend on tv now. FL has always been targeted by other big programs but it seems to be getting a little easier to lure better players now.

However I tend to agree that the other 4 will fade and things will go back to relative "norm". It will go faster if/when Spurrier retires.

If we sustain the number of injuries to key players that GA and FL had last year, we are toast this year. Both of those teams will be better this year. SC will be better when and if Davis gets healthy, although they have some vulnerabilities. We have a great chance to bowl this year unless the injury bug hits. 2015 and 16 will be the realignment in the East we are waiting for.

2 Issues i have hete

Obviously, he's talking about how Jones is recruiting, which will definitely upgrade the talent level but of course recruiting is just the means to an end; not the end itself...as far as SC is concerned, Spurrier is the only coach to ever win there and he is 69 years old now. At the press conference announcing his departure from Florida, he said that he was leaving in part because he just thought 12 seasons was long enough in one place. This is his 10th season at SC. Maybe his successor will be just as good but that is unlikely.

Reactions: 1 person
Obviously, he's talking about how Jones is recruiting, which will definitely upgrade the talent level but of course recruiting is just the means to an end; not the end itself...as far as SC is concerned, Spurrier is the only coach to ever win there and he is 69 years old now. At the press conference announcing his departure from Florida, he said that he was leaving in part because he just thought 12 seasons was long enough in one place. This is his 10th season at SC. Maybe his successor will be just as good but that is unlikely.

Their fall will be similar to ours .. Clemson/GA/UT and perhaps UNC will raid the state..Its not a traditional power.

2 Issues i have hete

If you don't think UT is on the rebound here is some free advice.

Invite a couple of friends over(if you have any) and ask them to help you pull your head out of your stinky hole.

Now, with the much better view, you can see for yourself whats brewing in K-town.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
The traditional big 3 of the East will be back in power again. Us and UF appear to be rebounding, and Georgia isn't going anywhere. The other 4 peasants are either bad or sharply declining.[/QU
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back