VolnJC

Utah State Recruiting Rankings
2014 114
2013 93
2012 123
2011 97

Keeton was a three star from 2011

Reactions: 2 people
Star gazing.....be careful, many of these kids do not get to participate in all the events that lead toward awarding stars. Many come in with something to prove and others come in with entitlement issues.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
I just would like state that nick Marshall isn't a good quarterback I give him average at best. He is quick in the perfect system for him. Not a good quarterback though.

Reactions: 3 people
Vols are more talented but less experienced. However, talent along with the home crowd in a night game in Neyland should be enough. I expect that Neyland will become an extremely difficult place for teams to win during the Jones era.:mf_surrender:

Reactions: 1 person
Star gazing.....be careful, many of these kids do not get to participate in all the events that lead toward awarding stars. Many come in with something to prove and others come in with entitlement issues.

Go Vols!

no doubt..just see what Boise did all those years with system vs star recruits..USU also outplayed Auburn who without a doubt had better athletes.
I think the best thing you can do to this type of team is to line up and keep it simple like Miami did in the 80s..frustrate them and get them tired

Reactions: 2 people
Very Misleading...

1.How much turnover in players and coaches in the same time span?
2. Last time UT has replace both the OL and DL in the same season?
3. How often do their player drinks and get hot action compared to ours?

Last edited:
no doubt..just see what Boise did all those years with system vs star recruits..USU also outplayed Auburn who without a doubt had better athletes.
I think the best thing you can do to this type of team is to line up and keep it simple like Miami did in the 80s..frustrate them and get them tired

Don't come in flat like The Gamecocks, talk about the Deer in the headlights.........yikes!!! Texas A&M came in confident and excecuted the perfect game plan for USC. I don't think anyone will underestimate TA&M going forward.

GO Vols!!!

Star gazing can get you in a whole lot of trouble!

It seems that outside of Texas and Oklahoma, kids playing high school ball in that region west of the Mississippi but east of the Rockies just don't get very much press from the recruiting gurus...someone already mentioned Boise State but there are some good teams with great players who were never in the Rivals top 100...

It always comes down to each play - our 11 against their 11...less talented players playing together can beat more talented guys playing on islands...

USU keeping it close with Auburn had more to do with Chizik being coach then the players on either side.

Utah State Recruiting Rankings
2014 114
2013 93
2012 123
2011 97

Keeton was a three star from 2011

from my blog, comparing USU to UT last year:

"Using recruiting evaluations as a guide, the mighty Utah State Aggies should have only won 4 games, but they won 9 including a bowl game against Northern Illinois (91). However, the best team that they beat, viewed through a talent lens, was no better than 80th (Hawaii). Their worst loss also came against a team ranked about 80th (Fresno State). Importantly, Utah State's average Division 1 caliber win came against an opponent who was roughly ranked 93rd. Their average loss came against a team ranked 48.6.

For comparison, Tennessee should have won 7 games, but won 5. The Vol's best win came against a South Carolina team ranked about 18th using recruiting evaluations, and the worst loss came against a Vandy team ranked about 48th. UT's average Division 1 caliber win was against a team ranked 51, and Tennessee's average loss came against a team ranked 16.6.

In other words, Utah State's best win came against a team ranked 32 rungs below Tennessee's worst loss. Imagine trying to climb a ladder that is missing 32 rungs between what you are capable of on your best day, to what your opponent is capable of on their worst.

Or for a little different sort of comparison, Tennessee average loss came against teams that are built like Oregon, Texas A&M, or UCLA (those teams fall around the 16 ranking in class averages) whereas Utah State averaged losing to teams built like Kentucky, Kansas, and North Carolina State."

excerpt from If I Bleed Orange, I'm Bled Out: Don't Sweat Utah State.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back