If I See This At Game Start, I'm Good...

T_man_J

If we come out with a 10 personnel grouping or 11 with the tight end in the slot position, it will be a blow out (in our favor).

This configuration will force Utah State to go into man defense; if this happens, our big receivers should dominate the Utah State secondary.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
If we come out with a 10 personnel grouping or 11 with the tight end in the slot position, it will be a blow out (in our favor).

This configuration will force Utah State to go into man defense; if this happens, our big receivers should dominate the Utah State secondary.

Go Vols!

Why will they have too play man against 10 or 11?

And what else would we come out in? Those were our two main groupings last year.

Reactions: 3 people
Why will they have too play man against 10 or 11?

And what else would we come out in? Those were our two main groupings last year.

With a 10 Utah State will probably go man; with an 11 they will probably go cover 1. If they are cover 1, I believe that Worley will make the read. Even If Worley throws into double coverage, I think that our receivers will make the play.

Reactions: 1 person
With a 10 Utah State will probably go man; with an 11 they will probably go cover 1. If they are cover 1, I believe that Worley will make the read. Even If Worley throws into double coverage, I think that our receivers will make the play.

"Billy, what did I tell you about throwing into double coverage? Completions into triple coverage are way more awesome"

-Brett Favre

Reactions: 10 people

Why would they go 0 against 10 personnel and cover 1 against 11?

Why would they go 0 against 10 personnel and cover 1 against 11?

I believe that they think they can cover our TE's with an LB; that will free up a safety to play zone. But if we go 10, I think they will be forced into man. Either way, we should have the advantage.

I believe that they think they can cover our TE's with an LB; that will free up a safety to play zone. But if we go 10, I think they will be forced into man. Either way, we should have the advantage.

Why will they be forced into man?

BTW, you are a moderator. Do you know what a 10 personnel grouping is?

8ea.jpg

Reactions: 18 people
It would not surprise me if they come out in some sort of zone due to the fact we have all new oline. If they can stop the run with 6 they will not be in zero coverage. IMO

Go Vols!

Can anyone forward tHIS to CBJ before game time?

Reactions: 6 people
It would be nice to have a few more people that like to talk football, and a few less who creep threads looking for opportunities to be sarcastic. JMO.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back