OK...I think I'm back.

pondr

Selective Misanthrope
Apparently I have spent the last several years in a nightmare alternate reality where Vandy fans talked smack to us after their team beat the Vols twice, South Carolina was a serial preseason top 15 team who was always mentioned when discussing the SEC east title, and the Vols were simultaneously coached by idiots and had a loser mentality they just couldn't shake off. It was so bad people were burning mattresses over there...what a ****ing nightmare.

Imagine my relief on waking up this morning to find I have been transported back into my own reality...the Vols are on track to have successive top ten recruiting classes, they are not coached by someone who worries more about shower etiquette than being able to count to 11 players, there is excitement around the program again, there are gifted young athletes on the field, Vandy sucks, South Carolina is meh...and Neyland is sold out.

Yeah, I think I'm home.

Reactions: 54 people
Apparently I have spent the last several years in a nightmare alternate reality where Vandy fans talked smack to us after their team beat the Vols twice, South Carolina was a serial preseason top 15 team who was always mentioned when discussing the SEC east title, and the Vols were simultaneously coached by idiots and had a loser mentality they just couldn't shake off. It was so bad people were burning mattresses over there...what a ****ing nightmare.

Imagine my relief on waking up this morning to find I have been transported back into my own reality...the Vols are on track to have successive top ten recruiting classes, they are not coached by someone who worries more about shower etiquette than being able to count to 11 players, there is excitement around the program again, there are gifted young athletes on the field, Vandy sucks, South Carolina is meh...and Neyland is sold out.

Yeah, I think I'm home.

Welcome back...

Reactions: 4 people
It's crazy. It's almost like all that talent that everyone kept telling me Vanderbilt had after they beat us last year wasn't actually real. Could it be...oh my gosh...could it be that their coaching actually made a huge difference?

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah, I think I'm home.

It is not uncommon for USC to lose their first game of the season. In fact, my wife is a nurse at Vandy and I attended a season opening game one year on a Thursday evening and watched Vandy beat USC on ESPN.
I have also watched USC get beat by UGA during a game opener.

I am super hyped up that we have a sell out crowd for a game opener and neither us nor our opponent is in the top # 25.

Vandy losing by such a large margin just proves what I have suspected all along. Vandy won the past three seasons because (1) they had a weak schedule & (2) the teams they played in the S.E. C. were experiencing down years. For instance, Florida had only one S.E.C. caliber q.b. last season and he was injured when Vandy played them. For instance, Worley was injured and didn't play in last years game against Vandy. For instance, Ky. is always Ky.

Now, the real Vandy will be back in its rightful place amount the S.E.C..... Of 14 teams in the S.E.C., they should soon be back to # 14.

Is it possible that over a million fans had the exact same dream? Its good to come out of an induced sports reality comma.

Go Vols!!

It is not uncommon for USC to lose their first game of the season. In fact, my wife is a nurse at Vandy and I attended a season opening game one year on a Thursday evening and watched Vandy beat USC on ESPN.
I have also watched USC get beat by UGA during a game opener.

I am super hyped up that we have a sell out crowd for a game opener and neither us nor our opponent is in the top # 25.

Vandy losing by such a large margin just proves what I have suspected all along. Vandy won the past three seasons because (1) they had a weak schedule & (2) the teams they played in the S.E. C. were experiencing down years. For instance, Florida had only one S.E.C. caliber q.b. last season and he was injured when Vandy played them. For instance, Worley was injured and didn't play in last years game against Vandy. For instance, Ky. is always Ky.

Now, the real Vandy will be back in its rightful place amount the S.E.C..... Of 14 teams in the S.E.C., they should soon be back to # 14.

Didn't they say last night that USC hasn't lost an opening game since '99?

Yeah, I think I'm home.

Well, good-on-ya and welcome back!
Deja Vu all over again! :good!:

GO VOLS!

Would have been the most epic typo in history of VN. Except for that guy who said kiddicking instead of kidding a long time ago.

I spelled rumor "roomer" once. I was on the phone with a customer at work posting on Volnation simultaneously, I have no clue what happened.

VN Store

Back