Former Coach Fulmer Shown Respect in Spurrier Documentary

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Watched last night on SEC Network. Produced by Kenny Chesney "Believe". Had former coach Fulmer commenting and Vol teams all over the documentary. Oh the glory days. A ton of great memories.

Reactions: 3 people
Watched last night on SEC Network. Produced by Kenny Chesney "Believe". Had former coach Fulmer commenting and Vol teams all over the documentary. Oh the glory days. A ton of great memories.
From the words of Springsteen..
Glory days well they'll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days

Reactions: 4 people
I would like to see that. We're gonna miss the OBC when he steps out. Love him(that's hard) or hate him (that's easy), he has left quite a legacy on the SEC ... and Redskins. LOL!

I hated him back in the day because we couldn't beat him but I remember seeing him being interviewed after a surprising loss and he just flat out told it like it was with no excuses. After that I respected him but started losing it for Fulmer. After the 95 prevent defense of Chavis (or whatever year it was we were up and they came back) I realised Chavis wasn't all that without top talent.

Love to hate him and hate to love him. He will no doubt be missed when he retires to the golf course full time

I'm thinking if they have a so-so year, he may finally call it quits. They have recruited ok the last few years but the West is so much better than the east right now that it will be difficult for one of the eastern teams to win anytime soon. Also, with the Vol resurgence, it will be tougher to recruit. He will name his son as "coach in waiting" and then stay one or two more years and hand it over to him. Just a guess.

Florida and UT were the two big dogs in the conference in the 90s, though we usually played second fiddle to spurrier. The one time we pulled out a (somewhat lucky) win over florida, we won the national title. Another great florida win, 2001, might have been a national title but we ****** up the stupid sec title game. In 1999 we had a monster team but gagged against florida. In spurrier's early years he totally kicked our a$$ and punked phil by often going for it on fourth down. Fulmer NEVER did that--he was ultra-conservative (not smart), though in later years he started to go for firsts on fourth down more after learning his lesson. Spurrier and florida cost Manning the Heisman.

Florida and UT were the two big dogs in the conference in the 90s, though we usually played second fiddle to spurrier. The one time we pulled out a (somewhat lucky) win over florida, we won the national title. Another great florida win, 2001, might have been a national title but we ****** up the stupid sec title game. In 1999 we had a monster team but gagged against florida. In spurrier's early years he totally kicked our a$$ and punked phil by often going for it on fourth down. Fulmer NEVER did that--he was ultra-conservative (not smart), though in later years he started to go for firsts on fourth down more after learning his lesson. Spurrier and florida cost Manning the Heisman.

I believe it was Peyton 's Junior year...Spurrier put 3 OL in front of Wuerfful...sent EVERYBODY else out wide to the left...QB sneaked it for a first down!...Chavis got punked on a regular basis against the OBC.

I watched that the other night also. They were talking about how he always made comments that made other teams mad. He said that when the other teams said disparaging remarks about him or his team that he just ignored it.

Except when Lee Corso started calling him the "The Old Ball Coach". Spurrier asked him to quit. They started calling him "The Head Ball Coach". Point being they do listen.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe it was Peyton 's Junior year...Spurrier put 3 OL in front of Wuerfful...sent EVERYBODY else out wide to the left...QB sneaked it for a first down!...Chavis got punked on a regular basis against the OBC.

You guys knocking Chavis are a bunch of Jewell's, I tell ya. Dude says Chavis wasn't much without talent. Please list the coaches who are great without talent. Nobody in the sec beat us except Florida back in the day. You guys are a bunch of idiots, especially after the hand we've been dealt.

Reactions: 15 people
You guys knocking Chavis are a bunch of Jewell's, I tell ya. Dude says Chavis wasn't much without talent. Please list the coaches who are great without talent. Nobody in the sec beat us except Florida back in the day. You guys are a bunch of idiots, especially after the hand we've been dealt.

So Chavis dominated against Spurrier? Slow your roll resident Fulmer apologist! Chavis was and is a great DC...but it was frustrating watching more talented Vol teams get out maneuvered on an annual basis...any kind of defensive adjustment and Peyton has at least two wins against Florida...get your idiot head out of the sand!

So Chavis dominated against Spurrier? Slow your roll resident Fulmer apologist! Chavis was and is a great DC...but it was frustrating watching more talented Vol teams get out maneuvered on an annual basis...any kind of defensive adjustment and Peyton has at least two wins against Florida...get your idiot head out of the sand!

In affect, you are complaining we didn't go undefeated. Crazy talk!

Beattie, don't waste your time arguing with idiots. The same guys who continually bash Coaches Fulmer and Chavis are the sames ones who think Kiffin was a great hire, Bray is 2nd best QB in UT history, and that Majors wasnt' at fault for gettign fired.

None of them ever stop to consider. Maybe, Florida was just a better team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Florida lost 12 Conference games in the Spurrier era. Four were to UT and the terrible coaching staff with Fulmer and Chavis split the last 4 games. Including the game in 01 which was billed as "The Biggest Game in Florida Field History." Spurrier felt so bad after than one, he just left UF.

You are one of the idiots who was always saying, "anyone could do a better job than Fulmer is doing" from 2000-2010. Well, how's that working out for you?

Florida lost 12 Conference games in the Spurrier era. Four were to UT and the terrible coaching staff with Fulmer and Chavis split the last 4 games. Including the game in 01 which was billed as "The Biggest Game in Florida Field History." Spurrier felt so bad after than one, he just left UF.

You are one of the idiots who was always saying, "anyone could do a better job than Fulmer is doing" from 2000-2010. Well, how's that working out for you?

Figures! All of those guys were a bunch of idiots!

Never said that! In fact on TOS I was a staunch supporter, posting multiple times that he had earned the right to leave at his own time of choosing...but unlike you I HAVE A SENSE OF REALITY!! He lost it dude...pure and simple!...he had a sense of entitlement based on his previous success that made him wishy washy in crucial decisions...I was no fan of Randy Sanders, but he got thrown under the bus after Fulmer picked Ainge...pulled Ainge...picked Clausen...abandoned Clausen and so forth...that was Fulmer's mess! And Sanders fell on the sword. His last season...he goes a new course with Clawson...panics and starts tinkering with a system he has no familiarity with...eventually relegates Clawson to consultant and bungles that last season to mushy malaise...that ballyhooed recruiting class he left behind? Designed for the spread...which he wasn't going to run if he had returned!...he lost IT and we moved on! Save your sanctimonious crap and follow suit!

Reactions: 2 people
That's your opinion.i came with facts! Furthermore, anyone that wants to denigrate our accomplishments and bash our icons are going to have a fight with me. You are no different than Bama fans!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you make another crap thread about it! There's nothing to you...I'm a Vol fan...and you're not one of "ours"

Whatsa matter Butchna, did you get tired of going to the SECCG every three years? I'll continue to side with the former players who knew what was going on and the voters who made PF a first ballot Hall of Famer. You can continue to side with John Adams and Mike Hamilton.

Beattie, you are right. Those guys bash Tennessee more than Alabama fans.

Reactions: 6 people
Whatsa matter Butchna, did you get tired of going to the SECCG every three years? I'll continue to side with the former players who knew what was going on and the voters who made PF a first ballot Hall of Famer. You can continue to side with John Adams and Mike Hamilton.

Beattie, you are right. Those guys bash Tennessee more than Alabama fans.

Nobody who has ever stated "Beattie,you are right" has ever had a valid point...ever. He's an assclown and now you're associated. :thumbsup: since you don't read anything but what buttresses your Fulmer butt worship I'll state that Fulmer deserves the accolades associated with his success...you're delusional if you think he'd have been going to the SECCG with the path he was taking those last three seasons...Meyer,Richt and Saban flat dominated him...no Vol fan agrees with Hamilton or Adams ... And I'm a Vol fan ...as good or ( probably) better than you two wastes of oxygen ... I never bash Tennessee...Fulmer bagged out at the end ...you know it but won't admit it :yu:...I'm an awesome fan so I do! You have no authority over anyone's fan card...Thank God because you and your buddy are the Dwight Schrutes of VN! :lol: Now off with you two...go wash your dirty uglies with your CPF loofahs and let the smart people take care of Volnation. :aggressive:

VN Store

Back