Rainy Opening Night

Daily Weather Forecast for 37909 - weather.com

80% chance of rain and thunderstorms. We will likely be under a delay! I hope that wont affect the way we call plays But should make for some interesting football.
I still have our Vols by 21. :dance2:

80% chance of Big Orange TD passes RAINING down from the sky and the THUNDERSTORMS generated in the seats of Neyland Stadium from the eruption of cheers and celebration!!!

77247023.jpg

Reactions: 18 people
So they are predicting heavy rain in the entire southeast USA? 4 days in advance?

Anyway, whatever weather report google displays says 0% chance of rain.

Reactions: 1 person
This just looks like East Tennessee thunderstorms. Possibly a delay if we get lightning, but it's not going to be anything like the monsoon in the Montana game. Big difference between playing on a wet field and playing in the rain. And if there's a little sunlight after the rain, the field will dry out a bit... I remember hearing all the specs on the radio about how the field could handle 12" of rain per hour and still be fine for play. I don't think it will impact our game plan at all... Nothing to worry about.

Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer. John E. Cash

Last edited:
I was at that game.It was sunny all day until about 30 minutes until kickoff and then the bottom fell out
Was at that game all I remember from the game was a punt return from lamicheal James running through a big blob and all hell broke loose

Depending on what local Knoxville channel you watch, but WATE also says a 40% chance of rain Sunday.

VN Store

Back