Am I going Crazy?

TBtheGBwiththeTD

Baller By Nature
Look I Know we have seen one thousand different predictions against the vols and no one wants to hear it anymore.

Week 1 college football picks: Clemson-Georgia, Wisconsin-LSU and more - College Football - SI.com

5 out of 7 "experts" picked USU over UT.

Am I losing my mind? Is the rest of the country living in a different world than me? What is happening?

How can someone look at USU, whom I firmly believe wins 4 games with our schedule last season, and say they will beat UT in Neyland?

They lost just as many starters as we did. If they are any more experienced then we are it certainly isn't much.

There is no comparison in talent and both teams are entering year 2 with a new coach.

Their single high level playmaker is coming off ACL surgery.

We are better everywhere but both lines and I'm sorry but USU isn't going to be able to dominate us up front. Don't care how little experience we have up there. We still have bigger stronger athletes.

These guys don't even look at anything. I can't believe they are being paid to guess. USU beat more nobodys than the vols the last couple years and Tennessee has a lot of youngster. lock it up. Aggies walk into sold out Neyland stadium, at night, and win.

I'm lost friends. Help me.

I have the vols winning, which makes me the apparent minority.

Vols - 31
Aggies - 17

Could and should be worse.

Last edited:
IMO if they don't score on there opening drive they may not score till we put the back ups in

Reactions: 2 people
Because there is no repercussion for calling out B.S. . They have a paycheck to earn as well, and the truth is... they don't care, but they need to earn a paycheck and create drama for their product. You are just starting to realize the ridiculousness of the media. But, this country runs on entertainment media, and that's what this is.

ESPN picked the opposite.

Aschoff UT
Barlis UT
Ching UT
Khan Jr. UT
Low UT
Ostendorf USU
Scarborough USU

Relax. It won't be close. We will keep them under 10 and score 40+.
The only question after the game will be which of our WR's is/are early Heisman candidate(s).

We will not only beat them with an ugly stick, Butch is a damn genius and will outtrick them with his mind.

I don't get it. USU lost like their top two RBs, their top three WRs, 4 of 5 on their offensive line (or was it defensive?) their QB is coming off a serious injury, they are returning fewer starters than any team in the country, and they are on the road. We should beat this team by three touchdowns.

The thing you have to remember is that these people have to talk about every single program in the country. The amount of information they know about a given school is significantly less than a fan of said program.

Since Tennessee has been down, the amount they focus on and thus know about UT is less than some of the higher profile teams. All most of them probably know is that we are young, we are replacing our entire O/D-lines, and we are starting a QB who was statistically bad last year. Furthermore, USU is USU. I doubt anybody knows anything about their program apart from their QB and their record last year.

Based off of those two things, it makes sense to pick USU in an upset, especially when these analysts usually get drilled for picking the favorites too often anyhow.

That being said, Vols roll.

65402-zoolander-crazy-pills-gif-6laR.gif

Last edited:
I was just as shocked! In Neyland Stadium?!! Come on! I doubt they even took the time to look at where the game is being played.

Utah State is good ya'll, everyone is getting way to confident with us winning. It;s going to be a very very tough game.I am extremely worried about this game.

Reactions: 1 person
If Butch Jones cannot squeeze out a victory in a home opener in front of a sellout crowd who is this desperate for winning football against a team of two star talent I will have serious concerns going forward. He's had nine months to prepare and no serious injuries outside of Blanc and Saulsberry - everyone else should be at full strength. With our depth issues and young talent I can take losing to the Georgia's and Alabama's of the world but not Utah State.

Reactions: 10 people
Look I Know we have seen one thousand different predictions against the vols and no one wants to hear it anymore.

Week 1 college football picks: Clemson-Georgia, Wisconsin-LSU and more - College Football - SI.com

5 out of 7 "experts" picked USU over UT.

Am I losing my mind? Is the rest of the country living in a different world than me? What is happening?

How can someone look at USU, whom I firmly believe wins 4 games with our schedule last season, and say they will beat UT in Neyland?

They lost just as many starters as we did. If they are any more experienced then we are it certainly isn't much.

There is no comparison in talent and both teams are entering year 2 with a new coach.

Their single high level playmaker is coming off ACL surgery.

We are better everywhere but both lines and I'm sorry but USU isn't going to be able to dominate us up front. Don't care how little experience we have up there. We still have bigger stronger athletes.

These guys don't even look at anything. I can't believe they are being paid to guess. USU beat more nobodys than the vols the last couple years and Tennessee has a lot of youngster. lock it up. Aggies walk into sold out Neyland stadium, at night, and win.

I'm lost friends. Help me.

I have the vols winning, which makes me the apparent minority.

Vols - 31
Aggies - 17

Could and should be worse.

These " so called" experts don't know this team. They are looking at information that is on a piece of paper and making a determination.

Thanks for bringing me back off the ledge. You guys are good friends. Go Vols.

"Guess we have to teach the nation a little something. Fine by me."

- Butch Jones

Reactions: 1 person
If Butch Jones cannot squeeze out a victory in a home opener in front of a sellout crowd who is this desperate for winning football against a team of two star talent I will have serious concerns going forward. He's had nine months to prepare and no serious injuries outside of Blanc and Saulsberry - everyone else should be at full strength. With our depth issues and young talent I can take losing to the Georgia's and Alabama's of the world but not Utah State.

He couldn't squeeze out a victory against Vandy starting a QB with a torn ACL with a bowl on the line.

This team is improved no doubt but they are nowhere near being able to take any team for granted at this point.

Especially one with a potential game changer at QB.

I can agree with this 100%.

Thought I read their 3rd best player on their team is a Tennessee reject DB.

forrest_gump_all_i_have_to_say_7203.png

VN Store

Back