Fox: Mandel's Upset Special

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the Vols were supposed to lose to Cincinnati, NC State and WKU too. We know how those turned out.

Reactions: 30 people
he has no idea they have a new O Line too and only 5 DL of their listed 13 that have ever played a D1 snap

Agreed. This "Tennessee's inexperience will cost them in this game" nonsense has worn very thin. Utah State is just as inexperienced. They also were extremely over rated last season. We bring in so much more talent than them that it can't be fully registered. Keeton is the only reason this game may be close. If he isn't 100% or is rusty, they have zero chance.

Reactions: 7 people
If I remember correctly, the Vols were supposed to lose to Cincinnati, NC State and WKU too. We know how those turned out.

Thank you....that is exactly what I've been saying. We do not lose these games historically....more often than not it's not even close.

he has no idea they have a new O Line too and only 5 DL of their listed 13 that have ever played a D1 snap

So sick of hearing that.....they are treating it like we are starting 5 true freshman on the O-Line and 4 true freshman on the DL.

I'll take our SEC level talented O and D line players over their 2*s any day of the weak...our walk on LT would be a prized recruit to those guys.

I can't wait to see #118 blow them out of Neyland....a Tennessee reject is their best secondary player....this will turn out just like NC State, Western Kentucky, and when Butch brought in Cincy with all the hype of Zach Collaros and Isaah Pead!

Reactions: 1 person
9420_40c7.gif

i mean its not like kerbyson, crowder and jackson are scrubs.

They could have went to Miami, Bama, Auburn, Michigan State, Vanderbilt,UCLA,USC, Stanford, South Carolina, VT, and the list goes on. Their not bad players.

So sick of hearing that.....they are treating it like we are starting 5 true freshman on the O-Line and 4 true freshman on the DL.

I'll take our SEC level talented O and D line players over their 2*s any day of the weak...our walk on LT would be a prized recruit to those guys.

I can't wait to see #118 blow them out of Neyland....a Tennessee reject is their best secondary player....this will turn out just like NC State, Western Kentucky, and when Butch brought in Cincy with all the hype of Zach Collaros and Isaah Pead!

this

Gray was in camp with this staff. Martinez thought he was terrible. Their other corner is a true freshman with one D1 Offer and hes 5'9 160lb. The only place he is listed at 5'10 is on their roster. every recruiting site and USU scout site Depth chart has him at 5'9. These DBs will get roasted.

Gray was in camp with this staff. Martinez thought he was terrible. Their other corner is a true freshman with one D1 Offer and hes 5'9 160lb. The only place he is listed at 5'10 is on their roster. every recruiting site and USU scout site Depth chart has him at 5'9. These DBs will get roasted.

So much running over 160lb starter is going to happen.

Is there any chance that guy can cover Jason Croom?

It is my opinion that this is a trap game for Vegas, a lot of people look for games like this to cash in on, I say UT win by at least 3 and Utah Covers. Everyone wins :)

Gray didn't play football until late in high school. Okay athlete, not a baller. He will get roasted multiple times.

He better have a standing with USU's sports psychologist on Monday. Confidence will be shattered.

Reactions: 2 people

We were supposed to beat Wyoming in 2008!

We were also supposed to beat Vandy in 2005!

In 1992, when Arkansas & USC first became members of the S.E.C., we were supposed to beat them. Arkansas beat us on a long punt return at the end of the game and USC beat us because Johnny didn't want to accept a tie.

I, personally think this game will be a close call. Like the Air Force game in 2007 or like the UAB game in 2010. We will walk back to the locker room, just grateful for a win.

Just tired of this Crap.....We are at a point that nobody respects us at all.

With this being the first game of the year, @ Neyland, an experienced QB, 100000 fans, the Cultural change, Not an over looked game at all, USU traveling and inexperienced on the DL and OL as we are.

Two USU players playing for the 1st time since injury. They have Freckle as a God. My thoughts are that an UT player will be assigned to Pancake him every play. Same goes for QB.

They are writing for the press and readership. Nothing but crap because they don't get it. Without wet conditions should be a 21+ point win. Raining 13 to 17 points.

CBJ will have these kids ready and prepared. Its just different that the two coaches we have had before. This game is too important for a lackadaisical effort and under DD USU would be favored and I would be worried, but it is Butch Jones not DD or Flippin K.

Reactions: 2 people
Good lord, another dude/site picking USU to upset UT...it's a good thing I have Monday off cause it's gonna take me awhile to blow up twitter accounts and websites to talk ish to all these idiots.

Reactions: 8 people
I hope the players have listened to this drivel all month. They have to be chomping at the bit!

Maybe all these people saying these things actually like UT and want us to succeed? Cause they're sure giving us plenty of reasons to come into this game with a "were gonna kick their ass" mentality

We were supposed to beat Wyoming in 2008!

We were also supposed to beat Vandy in 2005!

In 1992, when Arkansas & USC first became members of the S.E.C., we were supposed to beat them. Arkansas beat us on a long punt return at the end of the game and USC beat us because Johnny didn't want to accept a tie.

I, personally think this game will be a close call. Like the Air Force game in 2007 or like the UAB game in 2010. We will walk back to the locker room, just grateful for a win.

I would agree if this game was 3 to 7 games into the season, but it is the Opener, not a trap game, and the players are focused.

The games we got beat that you mentioned were not openers and you are referring to games in the mid season.

Also, you have to use examples of 2 decades ago, coaches that are no longer here.

People will go to the extreme to cast doubt.....and only look at the negative aspect of something even using 22 year old information and 3 coach changes remove to validate their point.

I know this is wayy off topic,but it reminds me of a movie scene when I think of USU coming to Neyland and actually thinking theyll leave with a win. "Come on Kleetis,come on walk your ass on over here, yeah come on, but youre going to limp back"

VN Store

Back