Don't you get sick and tired of the no respect

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
No respect, and granted we haven't been very stellar over the past few years but I am fed up with the no respect aspect over this Utah State game. Utah State may have been good last year and beat Northern Illinois in the bowl game, but damnit, everyone is acting like their defense is something special. Okay, they put up incredible numbers last year but who did they freaking play? Freaking weber state, utah, byu, boise, fresno state, who by they way they lost a few of those games. Utah State is just another run of the mill team that had a good year last year and are being touted for this year.

I guess when Tennessee blows them out Sunday night, Espn and the SEC network will just come up with more excuses as to why this happened.

Reactions: 1 person
while i agree we should handle USU, why would anyone respect us right now? we have 1 quality win in the last 5 years

Reactions: 4 people
If I was CBJ, I would plaster the lockerroom with every negative article I could find!

Get the guys foaming at the mouth for Sunday!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock:

Reactions: 2 people
We were picked to lose to NC State as well. I think the Wolfpack was better than the Aggies, and we were worse. Much like The Aggies, NC State hung their hopes on two players that were supposed to give us a lot of trouble.

The outcome will be similar. Aggie tears are sweet.

Reactions: 5 people
When you suck you don't get respect.

Why do people have such a problem with this?

Reactions: 8 people
I have no problem with the disrespect from the media, but it's a little unfair to the mid-majors we play. Our track record, even through the lean years, has shown that we more often than not throttle these kind of teams. Yet there is always a boatload of mouthing off and prognosticating about how they will get their big-win against us. Same script every year.

Teams like the Aggies, WKU, Cincinnati, and NC State come in with high hopes, unrealistic expectations, and leave questioning themselves.

Reactions: 3 people
like spurrier said about Texas A&M...."They've scored alot of points against some of those little teams, so sometimes stats can be a little misleading"

They've been above .500 for a few years, went and won a bowl game, they are coming in and playing a team that has been below .500 for a while and no bowl games to be had. I don't get mad at their fans for thinking they can try to "steal" a win from us. But it does piss me off when I hear their fans say they are going to roll over us. (which has been stated several times on their message boards).

But it isn't unlike any of our fans that think we are going 10-2, they have absurd fans as well that think they are coming into Neyalnd and whipping us. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!! I'm going to make sure on the way out of the stadium that they know about it, you should too.

When you suck you don't get respect.

Why do people have such a problem with this?

While I can understand the lack of respect from the "experts" we dont have to like it.

I think what the op, and most of us, have a "problem" with is that we have sucked. Some of us more optimistic people think that is gonna change this year.

Folks always expect ESPN to be praising UT all day, every day. When the SEC Network launched, people (crazy fans) were angry that UT wasn't the centerpiece of the network. The truth is, there's not much reason to go on and on about UT football AT THE MOMENT. The winning teams get the most coverage. It's pretty simple. Every week, I see someone on facebook/twitter/this message board complaining that an article about the top teams contending for the SEC didn't mention UT. Of course it didn't, why would it?

GBO

it does show a bit of a lack of perspective when you hype the hell out of a team who hasnt beaten anyone. Just about any team would go to a bowl with their schedule from the past 2 years. I know we havent been great but just bc we have gotten throttled by several top 20 teams doesnt mean we cant hang with the 2nd or 3rd best MWC team.

i mean WKU was only two spots below USU in total defense. They were top 15 in the country. Doesnt mean anything when you play that schedule.

Let the Neysayers get it out of their system now. You can't really blame them for talking smack from years and years of beatdowns that Tennessee put on their favorite teams. They all see the writing on the wall and want to get their two cents in. Basically, I look at at it as They respect Tennessee, but they have the "kick a man when he's down syndrome". The ship is righted and the Orange Swarm is making a beeline for the National Stage. Hell , it wouldn't be fun if there wasn't any reason such as stupid remarks to fuel the desire for us to win. Sit back and enjoy the ride that is about to take off like a bat out of hell.

it does show a bit of a lack of perspective when you hype the hell out of a team who hasnt beaten anyone. Just about any team would go to a bowl with their schedule from the past 2 years. I know we havent been great but just bc we have gotten throttled by several top 20 teams doesnt mean we cant hang with the 2nd or 3rd best MWC team.

i mean WKU was only two spots below USU in total defense. They were top 15 in the country. Doesnt mean anything when you play that schedule.

WKU played us tough outside of their 6 straight turnovers. Biggest thing for us, is just win. If we lose, this thread will be even worse bump material for the trolls.

VN Store

Back