GAMEDAY recipe ideas!

chuckb1448

I was just curious to know what everyone will be preparing for Sunday night. I will not make the game so my family will be home with me and I will prepare food (as I do for each game when I am home).

For those of us not going.. do you have any plans to have snacks and such? I am a chicken wing junky, I try different recipes with them (I smoked some then flash fried them a few weeks ago to "practice" for this season, my wife did not care for them much but I thought they were very good).

I will keep it simple this weekend actually, I have my son this weekend, (the reason I moved to ARMPIT.... Birmingham area) and he likes pizza so I will be making pizza for him and I have been craving the Mexican white cheese dip for two weeks so I plan on preparing that and zesting it up with jalapenos and sausage. Also I am addicted to the Lime tortilla chips so I have to grab those too.

Any recipe ideas or whatnot would be great.. I will for sure try them as the season progresses. Should we have something special to eat this weekend, I mean on the Florida game week its traditional here to eat Gator meat....(the way we have played them the last several years I am wondering if maybe I am being given an unusual chicken part) what should we eat considering the fact that we are playing USU..... I do Not have seven wives so I can't eat them har har. Just kidding USU fans:)

Go Vols!:clapping::eek:k:

I was just curious to know what everyone will be preparing for Sunday night. I will not make the game so my family will be home with me and I will prepare food (as I do for each game when I am home).

For those of us not going.. do you have any plans to have snacks and such? I am a chicken wing junky, I try different recipes with them (I smoked some then flash fried them a few weeks ago to "practice" for this season, my wife did not care for them much but I thought they were very good).

I will keep it simple this weekend actually, I have my son this weekend, (the reason I moved to ARMPIT.... Birmingham area) and he likes pizza so I will be making pizza for him and I have been craving the Mexican white cheese dip for two weeks so I plan on preparing that and zesting it up with jalapenos and sausage. Also I am addicted to the Lime tortilla chips so I have to grab those too.

Any recipe ideas or whatnot would be great.. I will for sure try them as the season progresses. Should we have something special to eat this weekend, I mean on the Florida game week its traditional here to eat Gator meat....(the way we have played them the last several years I am wondering if maybe I am being given an unusual chicken part) what should we eat considering the fact that we are playing USU..... I do Not have seven wives so I can't eat them har har. Just kidding USU fans:)

Go Vols!:clapping::eek:k:

Have you ever tried doing wings the other way around. Last year we fried up a mess of wings and then put them in the smoker to keep warm while the ribs were finishing up.. Fantastic results I thought. I might try your way soon though

Reactions: 2 people
Have you ever tried doing wings the other way around. Last year we fried up a mess of wings and then put them in the smoker to keep warm while the ribs were finishing up.. Fantastic results I thought. I might try your way soon though

I may try that too! I smoked them for a bit then flashed them (I am not much for soggy chicken wings) they were very good actually. My wife has an unusual taste for food... ha ha. I do not like breaded wings or anything like that for the most part.. naked and crunchy... with no sauce on them.. I prefer to Dip my wings in whatever sauce I prepare.

I always grill my wings, will try smoking them next Saturday :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
I dont think they have a Costco in Knoxville but if you can get your hands on their spinach dip..boy oh boy look out..you better buy a few containers.

My friends all think that they're the best at cooking. These people have never had my smoked dry rub pork butt or brisket. It's a long process, but that just means the tailgate starts earlier!

My friends all think that they're the best at cooking. These people have never had my smoked dry rub pork butt or brisket. It's a long process, but that just means the tailgate starts earlier!

I am unable to comprehend that concept.... if you would SEND me some LARGE samples I would be able to recognize your achievements:dance2:

As always I will be making my 3-2-1 ribs and lots of craft beer.
You asked for recipes; here is my recipe for ribs. Try them if you have a smoker you will not be disappointed. I prefer St. Louis style ribs.

Andy’s World famous Ribs (my own world that is).
3-2-1 Rib cooking method
1.Prep the ribs by removing the membranes and applying your rib rub (recipe below)
2.Place ribs, bone side down in smoker at 225 degrees F. (108 degrees C.) and cook for three hours
3.Wrap ribs tightly in aluminum foil to form an airtight seal, return to smoker bone side up and smoke for 2 hours
4.Unwrap ribs and return to smoker bone side down for 1 hour
5.Apply sauce to ribs (if you want) during the last 20 to 30 minutes of the cooking time

Smoky-Sweet BBQ Rub
Makes: 1 cup
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
¼ cup kosher salt
¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. smoked paprika
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground ginger
Stir together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container up to 1 month.

Smoky-Sweet BBQ Sauce
My favorite combination of BBQ sauce is equal parts Sweet Baby Rays "Sweet & Spicy" and Kraft "thick n’ Spicy Brown Sugar" BBQ sauce.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

Smoke the wings just long enough to acquire that smokey taste, finish cooking them in the deep fryer. Pour your favorite sauce into a large bowl or pan add the wings, shake and swirl, viola ! mmmmm :hi:

Reactions: 2 people
First thing I make every week...Sausage Balls...Keeps people munching while waiting for whatever comes next. I've been making them for so long I don't measure anything anymore so I'm estimating below. I combine as much cheese as the sausage will hold, probably comes in a 16 oz. bag, takes about half to 3/4 of a bag usually...

1 LB Tennessee Pride Hot Sausage (I prefer hot, but mild is good too)

1 Cup Bisquick

1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (Sharp)

In a bowl, combine the above, mush together well (it is messy). Once combined, roll into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375, place sheet into oven for 30-45 minutes (temp and time will vary for different ovens).

Easy to double recipe.

Note: I've tried other sausages, Wamplers, Bob Evans, etc...they never turn out as good for some reason, gotta be Tennessee Pride.

GBO!!!

Reactions: 4 people
First thing I make every week...Sausage Balls...Keeps people munching while waiting for whatever comes next. I've been making them for so long I don't measure anything anymore so I'm estimating below. I combine as much cheese as the sausage will hold, probably comes in a 16 oz. bag, takes about half to 3/4 of a bag usually...

1 LB Tennessee Pride Hot Sausage (I prefer hot, but mild is good too)

1 Cup Bisquick

1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (Sharp)

In a bowl, combine the above, mush together well (it is messy). Once combined, roll into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375, place sheet into oven for 30-45 minutes (temp and time will vary for different ovens).

Easy to double recipe.

Note: I've tried other sausages, Wamplers, Bob Evans, etc...they never turn out as good for some reason, gotta be Tennessee Pride.

GBO!!!

Love these things, make them the same way as well, we don't use the Tennessee Pride sausage.

It is fun to change up the recipe - IE use hot sausage and pepper jack cheese.

VN Store

Back