2-Deep Roster: Colton Jumper AJ's backup?

I think they have Jakob at end/outside linebacker. But yeah I was surprised by this too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Star gazers vs coaches evaluation of talent. I read a lot of information about Jumper last Winter and this Spring. He is very talented and did not participate in camps. He is a Tennessee legacy throughout his grandfather. He has been a Tennessee fan for years and had no intension of playing football anywhere but Tennessee. Try to find information about players before you throw them under the bus. By the way, remember that a certain CB from North Carolina was a 2* when Tennessee recruited him and everyone seems to be OK with him as a player. He is also listed as a backup on the 2-Deep Roster.

Reactions: 19 people
This one is puzzling to me too, he's a walk on, surely some of the scholarship players have preformed better in camp to earn the back up middle linebacker spot.

kind of agree but you cant measure a walk on's heart and how hard they want it for being overlooked

Reactions: 3 people
It's not like UT hasn't recruited a lot of LB talent lately. We may just have a true diamond in the rough. I'd be surprised if he doesn't earn a scholarship at some point.

Reactions: 3 people
Cam Sutton is the Punt Returner?? :blink:

Didn't see that coming, figured it might be one of the freshman??

Interesting that almost every backup is a Freshman.

Star gazers vs coaches evaluation of talent. I read a lot of information about Jumper last Winter and this Spring. He is very talented and did not participate in camps. He is a Tennessee legacy throughout his grandfather. He has been a Tennessee fan for years and had no intension of playing football anywhere but Tennessee. Try to find information about players before you throw them under the bus. By the way, remember that a certain CB from North Carolina was a 2* when Tennessee recruited him and everyone seems to be OK with him as a player. He is also listed as a backup on the 2-Deep Roster.
Reading comprehension seems to be extremely lacking on this board....starting with you. Nobody is throwing him under the bus. Just stating that it's a big surprise, cause we've heard nothing about this before in any of the articles or interviews.

Try to read the post before you jerk that knee of yours.

Reactions: 5 people
It may also be that they shift another person to MLB if AJ gets hurt, like Bates to get the best 3 available out there.

* Finished his high school career with 251 tackles, 39 TFL, 22 sacks, 2 interceptions, caused 5 fumbles, recovered 2 fumbles and blocked 1 FG in his high school career.

* Finished his senior season with 131 tackles, 19 TFL, eight sacks, two interceptions, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and a blocked field goal

Even if it was in a small classification, those are pretty impressive #s. Might be a diamond in the rough, after all. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Reactions: 5 people
You guys can search for stats and reasons all day long but if we see jumper or max Arnold on the field then I'll be really disappointed. I know one class doesn't magically fix depth but I'm not looking for Dooley like solutions either. I hope this is a motivational type tactic and also disguising our game plan.

I think its good for the program for guys like Gilliam, Jumper and Williams to be fighting for playing time. Tells me that the coaches have created an environment of competition where everyone is judged on their production and the most productive players see the field. Jumper is a talented athlete but probably not as athletically gifted as those 4*'s mentioned earlier. He is however most likely more talented between the ears and as a result has learned where to be and what to do at MLB more quickly than the others once again proving that there's more to football than 40 time and bench press reps.

Reactions: 7 people
There will be "former walk-on" annotated next to his name next year...he deserved,deserves and will deserve the scholarship that he eventually receives ...I don't have a VQ subscription, but I've heard of his exploits since arriving... He got here and BALLED OUT people!...hence my confusion at yours. It's not a sign of the apocalypse...it's a damn good player!

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back