Utah State Coach compares Hurd to Eddie George

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
What he said:
"You watch that kid in their spring game, and the guy looks like Eddie George. I mean that sincerely," Wells said. "He's a tall, strong, powerful back. When he runs behind his pads, he'll be a load to bring down."

-Matt Wells

What I hear:
"I am scared out of my mind right now"

-Matt Wells

Reactions: 23 people
Here'e the plan, isolate Jalen on one of those mean USU linebackers, taking a swing pass out in the flat....a quick jig and a head fake.... and he's gone. Give him six!

Reactions: 2 people
We can only hope Hurd turns out to be the next George. He will have our first Heisman winner.

he also said "i look back there in the secondary and see that we lost 3 of 4 starters and it scares the heck out of me." True story, he said that.Also went in depth about how our WRs are freaks of nature.

Reactions: 1 person
What!?!?

Apparently he was not here for the "Eddie George is actually garbage" thread.

Or he was here, and that is his point!

Reactions: 1 person
I can't wait to see what Hurd will do this year,live up to all the hype or not ?I'm sure it will probably land somewhere in the middle,here is to wishing the Team and him and great year,with no major injures

coach speak as usual on game week. If we can somehow stay calm and focused as a team and weather the first quarter, we will take the lead in the second quarter and never look back.

coach speak as usual on game week. *If we can somehow stay calm and focused as a team and weather the first quarter, we will take the lead in the second quarter and never look back.

Let me help by converting this to FAN SPEAK:

* We gonna whoop they a$Z!!

By no means am I saying Hurd will be as good or better than Eddie George. The height is the main comparison here. Jalen has more big play ability than George does. George is the more powerful runner, but Jalen has more ability to make guys miss and more speed. I expect big things from Jalen over the course of his career here at Tennessee. He will have an immediate impact this year, but just wait till this guy gets a couple years in with our strength and conditioning program and some SEC experience under him. He could be the best running back we've ever had here before all is said and done. Just be patient Vol fans, and give this kid time to fully develop.

Sure hope Jalen averages more than 3.6 yards per carry and doesn't routinely get dropped like a bag of dirt by 180 LB DBs

VN Store

Back