2014 VolNation Season Pick Contest --- Week #1

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Guys this is the weekly pick contest which will last the entire season and consist of 14 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted on Sunday (or Monday at the latest). I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really hard for you to win the contest.

Contest main page: 2014 CFB Pick Contest

Week #1 entry: ENTER YOUR PICKS

Good luck and thanks for playing.

***Keep in mind there aren't a lot of good games for this first week, so....

***Also, don't forget to enter your score prediction for the Utah State game.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...6-official-utah-state-pick-score-contest.html

Guys this is the weekly pick contest which will last the entire season and consist of 14 weekly entries.

Each week I will select 10 games from around college football, which will be posted on Sunday (or Monday at the latest). I will not include any Thursday or Friday games, just to keep things consistent with the entry deadline.

All entries will be due before noon (Eastern Time) on Saturday.

The season winner will receive a $300 Amazon gift card.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments.

Also, I strongly suggest setting up a recurring reminder on your computer or phone. If you miss a week, you can still have fun competing with other members, but it will be really hard for you to win the contest.

Contest main page: 2014 CFB Pick Contest

Week #1 entry: ENTER YOUR PICKS

Good luck and thanks for playing.

***Keep in mind there aren't a lot of good games for this first week, so....

***Also, don't forget to enter your score prediction for the Utah State game.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...6-official-utah-state-pick-score-contest.html

Okay now that I've made my picks, who is 2nd place going to be?

All I do is win, win, win, win......

:dance2:

Tennesseeduke

This means football is officially here!

This also needs to be a sticky so more folks will see it.

Freak,

The form seems to be a bit tricky. The first column says "Your Pick" and underneath it are the visiting teams. As you make your picks, they show up in a third column but the form still says "Your Pick" in the first column. After printing out the form, it is formatted in the same fashion. I wanted to mention this in case I'm doing something wrong.

Strictly CHALK this week. haha But, Freak, I can't believe you passed up the Penn St vs. UCF game ( basically a pick 'em). You're getting soft on us to start the year.

Strictly CHALK this week. haha But, Freak, I can't believe you passed up the Penn St vs. UCF game ( basically a pick 'em). You're getting soft on us to start the year.

I looked at it but it was an early start and I like to keep the entry deadline consistent on Saturday at noon. :hi:

You can donate my winnings to the charity of your choice. Preferably something to do battered woman or children.

Freak,

The form seems to be a bit tricky. The first column says "Your Pick" and underneath it are the visiting teams. As you make your picks, they show up in a third column but the form still says "Your Pick" in the first column. After printing out the form, it is formatted in the same fashion. I wanted to mention this in case I'm doing something wrong.

I noticed this as well. Your pick should be over the third column, otherwise I have some janky picks.

Apparently the powers that be won't sticky this contest and if you say anything about it they delete your post.

So be it.

VN Store

Back