Swain Event Staying on 1180 AM (TSR)

SIAP... The Swain Event will be staying on 1180 AM. swainevent.com

We are moving to the morning slot. TSR is still shutting down. We are buying airtime from Oskie Media (much like Basilio does at the station he is on). Originally we were going to a different station but that fell through after a couple of meetings. I'm not sure what else will be broadcast on 1180.

Reactions: 11 people
Good. Honestly I have been trying to listen to the Sports Animal in the mornings and man is it painful. The afternoon shows are pretty good but the morning is like my grandpa telling a story........ what he starts off with isn't what he ends with.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree. It definitely makes it hard switching to the other ones. It just seems like they may talk about football in an update once every thirty minutes where the other guys on TSR at least talked about mainly football and not food!

Seth. How big of a douche is JayBay in real life?

He's not a douche in real life. Huge Vol fan. Really nice guy. Just got in over his head in owning a station. Had always worked as talent but never did anything behind the scenes at a station before.

Reactions: 9 people
How? I thought the whole station was oldies music now.

"That's all the time we have for today on The Swain Event.....now a commercial free block of Del Shannon, Elvis, The Coasters, The Everly Bros., The Del Vikings, Nat "King" Cole, The Platters, and a super heavy dose of Fats Domino! Tune in tomorrow morning after the Wilfred Brimley DIABEETUS telethon on 1180 AM Knoxville Oldies-Swain-Oldies AM Station!"

DIABEETUS

Dag gumm DIABEETUS call now and kill'em lil SOBs!

Reactions: 6 people
He's not a douche in real life. Huge Vol fan. Really nice guy. Just got in over his head in owning a station. Had always worked as talent but never did anything behind the scenes at a station before.

Yeah. I think it could've really worked if it were run correctly. Had some good ideas just never felt like it could get over that hump

I wish JayBay all the best. Just wish TSR had a longer run - especially with football season ready to kickoff.

Reactions: 5 people
Glad yall found a home.

This market DESPERATELY needs another option, particularly in the morning.

Granted, I have to hit the podcast at lunch, but still...

VN Store

Back