USAToday gives props to SEC and guess who at #1?

They were picking from all of the SEC players in the NFL. Who did you think they were going to pick from the SEC, and who do you think it is that argues Peyton is the best QB from the SEC in the NFL? I mean you think they'd pick Cutler, Stafford or Eli over him?

Reactions: 1 person
The author of the article says that Patrick Willis is probably the most obvious pick to start at any position on the team. It doesn't matter at all, and he gave Manning his due for sure, but I don't know why you would even make that statement considering the fact that there isn't a sane individual who would pick anyone over P Manning at QB. Just seemed odd.

The author of the article says that Patrick Willis is probably the most obvious pick to start at any position on the team. It doesn't matter at all, and he gave Manning his due for sure, but I don't know why you would even make that statement considering the fact that there isn't a sane individual who would pick anyone over P Manning at QB. Just seemed odd.

Could be a relative thing, too. While Cutler, Stafford and Eli aren't on Peyton's level, they've all had at least solid careers. The picks beyond Willis are worse than the picks beyond Manning. Racking my brain/without doing any research I can't think of any notable, really good ILBs to come out of the SEC, much less an elite, HOF-caliber one like Willis. Burnett was good for a long time, never elite, and is out of the NFL now anyway. Dansby is solid, no where near Willis though.

Being that I'm from tennessee, I'm not great at math, but don't we have more picks than any other team?

Could be a relative thing, too. While Cutler, Stafford and Eli aren't on Peyton's level, they've all had at least solid careers. The picks beyond Willis are worse than the picks beyond Manning. Racking my brain/without doing any research I can't think of any notable, really good ILBs to come out of the SEC, much less an elite, HOF-caliber one like Willis. Burnett was good for a long time, never elite, and is out of the NFL now anyway. Dansby is solid, no where near Willis though.

Not saying he's on Willis's level buy Mayo is at least worth mentioning.

I don't care how favorable the article is to Tennessee, Arian Foster should NEVER be mentioned in as favorable fashion as Peyton. Arian Foster couldn't clean Peyton Manning's jock strap and is close to an embarrassment for this University.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back