Which QB will...

GrowVol

AJ finally sack? Although an awesome LB, AJ hasn't sacked a QB yet....so which QB gets hit first? Think he will get one in SEC play?

AJ doesn't cross the line of scrimmage often. He is good at staying where he needs to be and if a pocket collapses some one else mops up before he gets there.

If the defense stays anything like years past, he's never going to get a sack because he's going to be too busy running around all over the field making up for 100s of mistakes everyone else is making.

Feel kind of bad for AJ, honestly. If he were on a Bama or LSU-like defense he'd be racking up all kinds of impressive numbers and not just tackles, but with how much he has to do for our D he can't get them.

Reactions: 2 people
I had heard at some point during this long off season, that CBJ was teasing AJ about not having a sack yet. If I recall, CBJ was sort of calling AJ out about not having a sack. I'm anxious to see him get his first sack. I have always thought he has been playing out of position. AJ is a true DE....but has been needed more at LB.

I had heard at some point during this long off season, that CBJ was teasing AJ about not having a sack yet. If I recall, CBJ was sort of calling AJ out about not having a sack. I'm anxious to see him get his first sack. I have always thought he has been playing out of position. AJ is a true DE....but has been needed more at LB.

When has AJ ever been considered a true DE?

Reactions: 4 people

Aj is in no way a true defensive end.

Reactions: 1 person
AJ finally sack? Although an awesome LB, AJ hasn't sacked a QB yet....so which QB gets hit first? Think he will get one in SEC play?

I would say Chuckie Keeton, but then I would get flamed because he got injured last year...

I would not doubt it with the depth/speed at DE...maybe AJ gets a few special blitz packages of his own this season to erase that goose egg :dunno:

He doesn't have the speed off of the ball. AJ is a beast but sped is not his strong suit.

Listen, I'm grateful Aj is a LB because he's a great one. On the other hand, if over his time here, he would have sorted out at DE.....he would be a monster. He can bust through blocks(beast), he is super athletic, and he tackles high......arms swinging. Arms swinging Pass Rush attack from a DE tends to have a greater chance of causing big defensive plays. In fact, it is amazing that AJ has not got called for a facemask penalty thus far. It's like he is swimming out there. I know that Bleacher Report, SDS, or Dooley never pegged him as a potential end threat.....but he really would be a threat.

Solid points. He is explosive and violent. If he could get there in time he could shrink a pocket quickly and flatten a qb.

Listen, I'm grateful Aj is a LB because he's a great one. On the other hand, if over his time here, he would have sorted out at DE.....he would be a monster. He can bust through blocks(beast), he is super athletic, and he tackles high......arms swinging. Arms swinging Pass Rush attack from a DE tends to have a greater chance of causing big defensive plays. In fact, it is amazing that AJ has not got called for a facemask penalty thus far. It's like he is swimming out there. I know that Bleacher Report, SDS, or Dooley never pegged him as a potential end threat.....but he really would be a threat.

well if even that merry band of idiots didn't think of it then it then it must be a REALLY bad idea

And spelling is not your strong suit, but you are spot on. he is not a contain or off the edge guy...or even a pass defender. He is a classic run stopping LB

And you are correct...at pointing out Aj plays LB. Congrats

Dunno but I hope it's a big sack.
images

VN Store

Back