This is our competition Sunday

jlindsa4

I have seen a lot jump to conclusions about how we gon whoop dey ass on Sunday, so I took the liberty to research our opponent. Well Chuckie Keeton is pretty good. He reminds me of Tyler Bray with wheels. There defense of course is laughable. I see both teams scoring easily well over 20. Here is the video that I watched.

So what do you think volnation. Is Chuckie Keeton going to be problematic for our Vols? Discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDNBFvLCll8

I think that team looked decent against poor competition, Keeton gets shut down against defenses with speed at the edges, and they won't even look that good (video) this year. I think we would have beaten them last year, they got worse and we got better.

Reactions: 1 person
I happened to watch the same video earlier today and was impressed by Keeton. However, Utah is not an SEC caliber team. I could see a guy with his style of play making a few mistakes against a quicker and more athletic team like I'm hoping we have. He is definitely an athlete and will make some plays, but I look forward to our Vols shutting USU down.

I'm just praying its not another trey Burton coming out party or whatever that guys name was on Florida with 80 yard runs straight up the gut. Or come to think of it every team that weve played over the past few years has had those (troy etc) due to our lack of containment. Chuckie has that ability/threat every down so it will be a test of discipline out of the gate in neyland.

Last edited:
I'm just praying its not another trey Burnett coming out party or whatever that guys name was on Florida with 80 yard runs straight up the gut. Or come to think of it every team that weve played over the past few years has had those (troy etc) due to our lack of containment. Chuckie has that ability/threat every down so it will be a test of discipline out of the gate in neyland.

Trey Burton, just for clarification

This year's defense will be alot faster than one we have seen in quite a long time. Coleman at nickel is a legit 4.5 aand I would bet reeves may bin at olb is too. It also can't hurt having maggit at de containing.

Is that announcer saying Keagon the whole time instead of Keeton? My hearing may be off

Becomes a little more clear/sounds like Keeton as the game goes on

Last edited:
Video....yeah, reminded me watching HS recruiting videos after I hear we got a certain player. Although CK is not a QB we should take lightly....this is the SEC. Our talent and size at Defense are much different. From all accounts, CBJ and staff are taking them serious . This won't be like when FLA got spanked by Bridgewater a few years ago. It's possible, but I really doubt it. I see us running up the score on them....+21.

On defense, if we allow their QB to make plays we'll be in for a long day. My understanding is if we shut him down they'll be on their heels. Our D just needs to go out and, like Mile Singletary says, "hit 'em in the mouth." I expect Curt 2M2Q to have an NC State type game.

On offense, our O line will be the key. The cold hearted truth is we're an SEC team and we should be able to pound the ball down their throat. From watching us practice that's probably not what Butch wants to run but I'm curious how much of the play book he wants to show before we play Oklahoma. I'd break it down to 70% run 30% pass. I would expect a lot of QB handoff run option.

Last edited:
I was concerned until I heard they will be starting 4 new OL and 2 new corners. They lost two thirds of their starters from last year. I see us hitting some big plays against their secondary.

But I would rather see us run the ball down their throats in the first half and see how well they are conditioned in the second half.

Reactions: 2 people
Looks pretty run of the mill QB with wheels to me. Contain the edge and this guy goes no where.

And remember this is them losing to a 5-7 Utah Utes teams in the Midwestern Mountain Pacific conference or whatever it's called nowadays and a whopping hostile crowd of 45K...

I was concerned until I heard they will be starting 4 new OL and 2 new corners. They lost two thirds of their starters from last year. I see us hitting some big plays against their secondary.

But I would rather see us run the ball down their throats in the first half and see how well they are conditioned in the second half.

Yes, I would like to see a lot of 2 TE sets and power through them all night. That will limit Chuckie's time on the field.

I had some concern, before I saw this video. Their o line looked bad and they have to replace several players this year. If our speed is what it should be, we win going away.

keeton can put up some numbers. His best game last year was his first game against Utah. 314 through the air and 85 on the ground. And still lost. Other than that he was mediocre against mids. He was minus yardage against USC on the ground. Not to worried about keeton. The aggies have some linebackers that could pose some problems, but by the end of the 3rd quarter their heads will be spinning and they will be gassed. Look for the aggies to blitz as much as they can in the first half, and I hope they do. Our O-line may be green but they are not newbies.

keeton can put up some numbers. His best game last year was his first game against Utah. 314 through the air and 85 on the ground. And still lost. Other than that he was mediocre against mids. He was minus yardage against USC on the ground. Not to worried about keeton. The aggies have some linebackers that could pose some problems, but by the end of the 3rd quarter their heads will be spinning and they will be gassed. Look for the aggies to blitz as much as they can in the first half, and I hope they do. Our O-line may be green but they are not newbies.

It seems USU has all of their hopes and dreams pinned on Keeton..and this is post knee surgery Keeton.

They keep talking bout how they've played in hostile envoirments.. They've never been to Neyland it gonna be intimidating and I can't f'in wait!

We have more people show up for our open practice than their stadium can hold during a home game.

Reactions: 3 people
Here's a key stat:

In USU's last 3 years, they played Auburn, Wisconsin and USC. They lost those games by a combined 9 points.

Not sure if that's been brought up or not.

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/chuckie-keetons-keys-beating-tennessee-205718813.html

It's been brought up multiple times. Why, I don't know since they are not fielding the same team that played Aub, Wis, and USC. USC beat them by three then got throttled 62 to something the next week by Arizona last year. That is the metric that is closest to the Aggies team this year. The Aggies have a decent front 7 on D. A QB and a running back on O. Both returning from major knee injuries. The only way Utah wins this game is if keeton and hill have the game of their lives, and our D implodes.

VN Store

Back