Butch to build offense around Tight Ends this year

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
I'd like to see a Jason Witten emerge in this offense, and Butch is just the guy to make that happen. It's about time we featured the Tight End position more. With the receivers we have there should be plenty of seams and underneath room for the TE thrive. Just another brick the offensive wall Butch is building.

UT247_7541482_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Butch Jones wants offense to be 'tight-end oriented' - The Commercial Appeal

Reactions: 5 people
if he wants that he should not have mentioned it til after the bama game... so much for surprise attacks.

With our talent at WR, I would build around them before a true freshman WR.

Tight Ends, if used properly by their coaching staff, can be weapons of Mass Destruction

I can't wait until Hurd establishes himself as an elite college running back(hopefully by running over three or four guys on the way to the end zone) so that I NEVER HEAR ANOTHER HURD the TE joke or TOO TALL HURD joke. There has been one in every thread for a year now, lol.

Reactions: 3 people
Our TEs and WRs at 6-3 to 6-6 over 220 to 240 pounds up against their secondary of 5-9s 170 pounds should be a peanut eating contest on the heads of their DBs.

Vol coaches have promised to get the TE more involved since Majors.

The lone exception for obvious reasons was Witten.

I'll believe it when I see it.

if he wants that he should not have mentioned it til after the bama game... so much for surprise attacks.

maybe that's the plan, get the smaller teams focused on tight ends then hit them with North/Pearson/Hurd. So many weapons on this offense :)

I have always felt that the TE position is the most underrated position in CFB. If nothing else, the use of receiving tight ends pulls a DB forward to keep them honest.

(it sounds so dirty)

Makes a ton of sense imo. Our weakness at the tackle position means a lot will be asked of our TEs in all phases of the offense. If they succeed, our offense could be lethal.

Reactions: 1 person
Vol coaches have promised to get the TE more involved since Majors.

The lone exception for obvious reasons was Witten.

I'll believe it when I see it.

At least Butch has a history of actually doing it. Can't wait to see Wolf and Helm shredding teams for the next few years!

So Butch wants to build the offense around a couple of stiffs named Ethan Wolf and Alex Ellis, as opposed to a pretty darn good stable of WR's, and a decent RB?

That's silly.

VN Store

Back