To Be Or Not To Be............?

The official depth charts released today? Will it happen today or come later this week? I'm just anxious! Want to see who won out on the competition for spots & see the depth we have. Should be here soon I know but hopefully today! :)

Surely we'll get one today. At least a 2-deep. We're 6 days away, the starters need to be named and need to be getting into a mentality of filling that role as leaders.

Reactions: 1 person
Which position(s) are you guys most interested in seeing who will start? I say CB. Who will start opposite Cam? Moseley or Williams? I know Coleman is penciled in as our nickelback but could he actually get a start at the other fulltime CB slot with his performance in fall practice?

Surely we'll get one today. At least a 2-deep. We're 6 days away, the starters need to be named and need to be getting into a mentality of filling that role as leaders.

Guaranteed that the staff and team knows who the starters are at this point regardless of whether or not it's been publicly announced. There may be a position or 2 in question, such as place kicker, but that's about it.

I have a feeling the starters know who they are. Also, backups. The void is we don't know. All will become clear in time. :whistling:
GO VOLS!

Guaranteed that the staff and team knows who the starters are at this point regardless of whether or not it's been publicly announced. There may be a position or 2 in question, such as place kicker, but that's about it.

Speaking of place kicker! Predict who wins the starting kicking duties? I said Medley all along but it's really close. Medley just has better form & approach to kicking the ball. He's struggled with accuracy in fall practice & that may hurt his chances for now. I still think he's a better kicking weapon than either Bullucks or Brodus!

Last edited:
Speaking of place kicker! Predict who wins the starting kicking duties? I said Medley all along but it's really close. Medley just has better form & approach to kicking the ball. He's struggled with accuracy in fall practice & that may hurt his chances for now. I still think he's a better kicking weapon than either Bullucks or Brodus!

Definitely not Brodus, think it's Medley. Agree with you.

With Medley's credentials Butch has to let him get his toes wet. :)
GO VOLS!

Definitely not Brodus, think it's Medley. Agree with you.

With Medley's credentials Butch has to let him get his toes wet. :)
GO VOLS!

I think it has to be Medley but he missed a few kicks in fall practice that he should make. He openly admitted this himself in video sessions. Left the door completely open for Bullucks or Brodus. I would go with Medley but I'm not CBJ.

What about starting CB alongside Cam? Is it Moseley, Williams, or Coleman? Who's the best option at the other starting CB position? I think all 3 bring different skillsets.

Coleman has already been given the chance in the past but hasn't played up to his abilities. Williams has shown pure speed. Moseley has shown multiple skills but a fierce competitor in practices. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Well since they coaching staff is treating today as a Sunday since our game is a day later (no practice as whatnot), I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get one today.

Well since they coaching staff is treating today as a Sunday since our game is a day later (no practice as whatnot), I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get one today.

I wouldn't be surprised either to not see it released today.

On a side note:

Bleacher report has a predicted 2014 depth chart article that was posted on August 22nd. Here's the link: Tennessee Football: Depth Chart Analysis, Complete 2014 Preview and Predictions | Bleacher Report

Seems like a pretty well put together depth chart going by fall practices. May be some 2nd & 3rd stringers swapped but looks pretty accurate.

Which position(s) are you guys most interested in seeing who will start? I say CB. Who will start opposite Cam? Moseley or Williams? I know Coleman is penciled in as our nickelback but could he actually get a start at the other fulltime CB slot with his performance in fall practice?

No!!! I'm extremely encouraged at Coleman's strong performance at nickelback, but he has been a weakness for us at cornerback. Coaches have even previously conceded that he was playing "out of position" at CB, and was a better fit at NB.

Go Vols!!! :good!:

The only depth we have is at WR. The rest of the starters playing the whole game, even if injured. JMO

VN Store

Back