I Never Bet on Sports but.......

volfanstuckinga

With us being only a 6.5 favorite, this may be one of few times I want to put some money down. Anybody care to point me in the direction of a good online betting location?

Reactions: 1 person
I feel this game will be low scoring as both QBs will be rusty and both unita find a groove with a new OL. So only winning by a TD isn't out of the question.

Offshore betting options would be 5dimes, Bookmaker, or Bovada. All will have fees when cashing out. If smart just bet with some friends that maybe sides different.

Wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot poll. Have no idea what might happen as it's really all unknown to me for both teams. We need a win to get the season going in the right direction. Go Vols!!

Reactions: 7 people
Gambling, in general, is a bad idea.

In addition, you should never gamble on your own team. Your judgment is usually clouded even if you think it isn't.

Reactions: 22 people
With us being only a 6.5 favorite, this may be one of few times I want to put some money down. Anybody care to point me in the direction of a good online betting location?

Its only money.. No one ever got rich without taking a chance. Put your mortgage and retirement on UT

Reactions: 11 people
Its only money.. No one ever got rich without taking a chance. Put your mortgage and retirement on UT

I had to like this from personal experience. Last year, I won the lottery. The cash payout was 220 million dollars. I wasn't happy. How could I survive on 220 million without a job the rest of my life?

So I did what any reasonable person would do. I gambled it all. I gambled the 220 mil, the house, and the car. I picked the South Carolina / Tennessee game. I took Tennessee straight up.

Needless to say, my financial problem was resolved after that game. I was no longer going to have to live in the streets.

Reactions: 2 people
Just make sure and base all of your bets off of information you have received on VN.

Let the entertainment* begin.

*Loss of money

On a serious note -- as someone who has done this online for years.

It can be a b*tch to get a payout. Especially if it is substantial.

And the gator was right. Never bet on or against your own team. A recipe for disaster.

10632597_944682455558730_2997219158932766278_n.jpg

Reactions: 8 people
My feeling is we jump on them early. Yeah, we'll make some mistakes (it is the first game) in the first half. Second half is all Vols and we win by three touchdowns.
GO VOLS!

Looking at the last 4 years, they have gone into some hostile places and haven't backed down. They will not be scared and their QB (although coming off an injury) has started at USC, Wisc, and Auburn. I wouldn't bet this game for anything. I think we win, and my gut says by 10, but too many unknowns to lay money down.

2013 at USC - lost by 3
2012 at Wisconsin - lost by 2 - missed game winning field goal
2011 at Auburn - lost by 4
2010 at Oklahoma - lost by 7

Looking at the last 4 years, they have gone into some hostile places and haven't backed down. They will not be scared and their QB (although coming off an injury) has started at USC, Wisc, and Auburn. I wouldn't bet this game for anything. I think we win, and my gut says by 10, but too many unknowns to lay money down.

2013 at USC - lost by 3
2012 at Wisconsin - lost by 2 - missed game winning field goal
2011 at Auburn - lost by 4
2010 at Oklahoma - lost by 7

Yeah they may be short on elite talent but they are very well coached. Finished 7th in the nation in total defense last year albeit against fairly weak competition.

I feel like UT is clearly the better team and I want to do what a lot of other fellow members said and bet heavy on our Vols. It's a little concerning tho looking at many of the "experts" picks and pretty much all of them so far are saying take the Aggies and are saying they feel the Aggies won't just cover the spread, but will win outright. All I know is they better be wrong GBO!

I feel like UT is clearly the better team and I want to do what a lot of other fellow members said and bet heavy on our Vols. It's a little concerning tho looking at many of the "experts" picks and pretty much all of them so far are saying take the Aggies and are saying they feel the Aggies won't just cover the spread, but will win outright. All I know is they better be wrong GBO!

True, that part is scary. I also remember a similar train of thought before the NC St game a couple years ago. In the end our talent won out. I can only hope for the same result here. Night game at Neyland....only game on TV.....place better be rocking!!!

VN Store

Back