All Eyes on Worley

Just remember, Worley, VN is watching you very closely. We will cheer you on and tear you down at the same time. Why? Unfortunately because it's the VN way

Reactions: 3 people
Reactions: 3 people
Wishing Worley a great season, if the offensive line can protect him and he can stay injury free I believe he will be a servicible QB.

Our Oline is going to beat up on their front seven and our receivers are going to run right past their secondary. It's the NFL vs the CFL. Just the way it is.

Our OL isn't going to bully them. Worley will have to be quick and not pull a Matt Simms

Reactions: 2 people
Don't know what the score will be or who out performs who. One thing I do know we better respect our opponent. They play good ball

The TE's and RB's are going to be key receivers this season when playing the big SEC teams/Sooners. If the line starts breaking down early, WorleyBird will need to adjust to quick slants and drop passes to the RB's to keep the O on the field.

I.E. Peyton Manning all 2010 season with the injured Colts.

Don't know what the score will be or who out performs who. One thing I do know we better respect our opponent. They play good ball

It should be loud like this... And they should be intimidated and yes the players will respect them. The fans dgaf and it should be that way.. Neyland is our house!

Last edited:
and their brand new, slow O Line protecting a recovering QB versus the speed of our ends will be interesting. Our vulnerability could be the interior DL but USU is not a team that poses much of a threat to that. They arent built for it. They are mostly a Lateral offensive team.

Our OL isn't going to bully them. Worley will have to be quick and not pull a Matt Simms

Just curious what makes you think this? IIRC, they lost a couple of LB's and 2 DL's. Instead of having a secondary that enables them freedom in the front 7... their front 7 will be asked to compensate for their lack of experience and talent at DB. I believe the article was incorrect in saying the bring back almost everyone in their front 7.

UT has little starting experience on the OL... however UT does have SEC quality athletes on the OL. You sound as if you think USU will dominate them.

Last edited:
Worley's play will be very important of course, but I am strongly encouraged by Butch and his comments on Worley's performance in practice. Something that also sticks out to me is Ainge (love him or hate him, he was a QB for a long time and played in the NFL so he knows a thing or two) complimented how Worley looked like a completely different guy and how he as rifling the ball. To Worley's advantage he added a full year in the same system, he added an extra threat in the back field with Hurd (who i think will have more of an impact than North did last year) and adding to North outside with Pearson, Malone, suring up TE and Josh Smith hopefully leaving the "drops" in 2013 all Worley needs to do is give us second half of UGA and the USC/WKU game to get us 6 wins I think.

Oline is not as big of a deal as everyone thinks, the guys last year had no relationship with each other or the coaches it seemed, they were asked to block and play a completely different style and most knew they were playing to get into the NFL, all very very talented, but did not make for a great overall unit. I don't think we'll see any drop off with the exception of a "rookie mistake" or two where we give up a sack or a run gets blown up, but I do think we run block much much better and get Lane/Hurd/whoevers healthy and gets the other touches to 2k yards as a RB group.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back