Predict the first touchdown against Utah State

Aesius

What I want to happen:

On the fifth play of the game, Hurd explodes through the line of scrimmage at our own 40-yard line, breaks a tackle at the 50, and houses it. A UT legend is born.

What I think will happen:

Worley leads the offense on a 75-yard drive, capped by a 12-yard slant pass to Von Pearson in the middle of the end zone.

Reactions: 1 person
My guess is a 3 n out on the 1st drive and likely a FG on the 2nd or 3rd drive before a short dive play by Lane near the end of the 1st Q.

I'd be surprised if Hurd is in the game on the fifth offensive play for the Vols.

That's why I labeled it "what I want to happen". He probably won't see action until later in the game, but it would be amazing if he immediately turned out to be a superstar from day one.

lane scores on a 15yd run, after a 3 and out by our D, a decent punt return, and worley, north, and pearson connecting a few times on a -make a statement drive-. vols win 31-10

At 6:23 of the second quarter, Young fields a punt on the Vol 43, makes the gunners miss, and is run out of bounds at the Utah State 21. Three plays later, on 3rd and 4 from the 15, Worley hits Wolf on a 7 yard drag route. Wolf shrugs off the LB guarding him, and bowls over a safety a la Bo Jackson at the goal line to cut the deficit to 10-7, visitors. Wolf scores again on a skinny post from the slot position to seal a 24-20 victory early in the 4th.

3rd possession
ball on USU 24 yd line
Worley to Croom at the USU 6 yd line, Croom does the rest, Vols up 10-0

We score before Utah State gets off the bus....

Seriously though, Lane trucks it in from 5 yards out after a long drive on the second possession. The OL sets the tone by winning the battle up front.

Reactions: 2 people
On our own 20 first play from scrimmage. Worley throws it 20 yards to North who laterals it to Jacob Gilliam who takes it to the house carrying 2 defenders on his back.

Reactions: 6 people
I got North hauling in a 40 yarder from Worley on our 2nd series. Completely burns the suspect Utah St. secondary.

Would love for the opening kickoffs to be taken to the house for a Big Orange Touchdown. I think Smith gets behind the d and he catches the 35 yard touchdown. Showing he has put his freshman year and the drops behind him.

Hidden ball play on 2nd play from scrimmage (first play is an incomplete pass nervously underthrown). An unknown UT guard picks up the ball and scampers 80 yards. BOOM a legend is born.
:)

If I had to guess, I'd say Josh Smith on a short or intermediate route not far from the endzone. We all wanna see North, Hurd, Pearson, Wolf, etc break off a big splash play to get us on the board first, but I have a feeling USU's defense keying in on those guys will leave some of our lesser heralded guys with a chance to show why guys like Daniel Gray didn't belong in the SEC.

Come on guys. It's going to be AJ Johnson from 3 yards out 1st drive of the game. Butch lets him have the 1st score of the year.

VN Store

Back