Another cool story bro (bama)

chattavol420

Just in case anyone questioned how delusional the average bama fan is... I'm a financial advisor and was recently contacted by a recruiter with another firm. He had a bama area code so I had to ask. Of course... Roll tide. He says he's actually a part time writer focusing on bama. Then he shocks me. He says I had this discussion with some friends the other day and none of them agreed with me but... I truly believe that at some point over the course of Butch Jones career he will win one against bama.
I was shocked. He set it up as if he were really going out on a limb. I was thinking he was going to say this year. Or next. No! Over the course of he career I honestly believe he'll win one. Wow. I assured him I agreed, and reminded him we had a 9 win streak against them not too long ago. Just crazy the arrogance this fan base has. College football is cyclical. All the traditional top programs have their ups and downs. If Butch stays at tn for any length of time and continues to recruit at his current level... He will most certainly win ''one'' against the big amazing unstoppable force known as bama.

Reactions: 6 people
Any time anyone claims to be a bammer, the next question should always be "real or bandwagon?" Since 3/4 of their fans are jumpers & none could find Tuscaloser on a map.

Reactions: 4 people
I really don't understand the infatuation of "how Bammers feel about us". Who gives a flying ****??!!

Reactions: 2 people
Just in case anyone questioned how delusional the average bama fan is... I'm a financial advisor and was recently contacted by a recruiter with another firm. He had a bama area code so I had to ask. Of course... Roll tide. He says he's actually a part time writer focusing on bama. Then he shocks me. He says I had this discussion with some friends the other day and none of them agreed with me but... I truly believe that at some point over the course of Butch Jones career he will win one against bama.
I was shocked. He set it up as if he were really going out on a limb. I was thinking he was going to say this year. Or next. No! Over the course of he career I honestly believe he'll win one. Wow. I assured him I agreed, and reminded him we had a 9 win streak against them not too long ago. Just crazy the arrogance this fan base has. College football is cyclical. All the traditional top programs have their ups and downs. If Butch stays at tn for any length of time and continues to recruit at his current level... He will most certainly win ''one'' against the big amazing unstoppable force known as bama.

He didn't really think CBJ would win one, just buttering you up being a recruiter and all.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds smart. Like he was intentionakly being arrogant but threw that bone with a little meat still on it so you couldn't say anything. Bet he was grinning when he said it.

Sounds smart. Like he was intentionakly being arrogant but threw that bone with a little meat still on it so you couldn't say anything. Bet he was grinning when he said it.

Once Saban retires, hopefully someone like Dooley, Joker Philips, DeBose, Mike Price, Mike Shula, Bill Curry will take over the program.

It is not very likely that a program gets two successful coaches, one following the previous.

Once Saban retires, hopefully someone like Dooley, Joker Philips, DeBose, Mike Price, Mike Shula, Bill Curry will take over the program.

It is not very likely that a program gets two successful coaches, one following the previous.

Even if their next coach has Mark Richt success, they have been pampered again and will whine and fire left and right... sounds all too familiar...

Reactions: 1 person
9? No need to let truth get in the way of your fond memories.

...my first thought too. Our longest streak against them is 7, which we are the only school to beat them 7 consecutive times (or were at the time). Their longest streak over us is 11, so I'm hesitant to bring up the topic of streaks with "knowledgeable" bammers.

You're going to work for bamawriter? :popcorn:

VN Store

Back