Hurd 'hungry' as UT debut nears

kamoshika

How the carries shake out between Lane and Hurd will depend on which one of the backs has the hot hand.

Coaches have been pleased with how Hurd has progressed since spring practice while handling the aura of hype and expectations circling him before his first carry or catch for the Vols.

"He goes with the flow and is a pretty humble guy, too," offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian said. "He doesn't walk around with a cockiness or an attitude. He walks around hungry.

"Maybe that five-star status has created an expectation that he feels he needs to live up to."

Hurd 'hungry' as Tennessee Vols' debut nears | Times Free Press

Reactions: 11 people
I've heard comparisons to Eddie George...

Thoughts?

I'm hoping for an impact similar to another tOSU back...Maurice Clarett. Obviously, the shenanigans and criminal stuff is not what I'm talking about. I mean having a running back put a team on his back and carry you to the biggest bowl game of the year as a freshman.

Reactions: 1 person
I try to keep my expectations low, but man I hope this guy is special. It's been awhile since UT has had an elite RB.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm hoping for an impact similar to another tOSU back...Maurice Clarett. Obviously, the shenanigans and criminal stuff is not what I'm talking about. I mean having a running back put a team on his back and carry you to the biggest bowl game of the year as a freshman.

And then self destruct, sit out another year for disciplinary issues, sue to enter the NFL, succeed...then fail, fail whilst awaiting the NFL, fail in the NFL, fail at being a criminal, fail to find true love in prison, then finally rebuild a once promising life, with the hallmark achievement of being able to chew food without assistance?....I'd rather he emulate Eddie George. :wink2:

And yes I did note your criminal shenanigans caveat. :thumbsup:

i would prefer he not play like any of the ohio state running backs and play like a tennessee volunteer legendary running back where his play speaks for him instead of his mouth or stupidity.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back