Utah State feeling confident

They seem to be calling out the UT fanbase. The place hasn't had much to cheer for lately but I have a feeling next Sunday night will be pretty loud.

Reactions: 4 people
I will be in Vegas Labor day weekend. i cant wait to put my whole paycheck down on the vols smashing that 6.5 spread.

Reactions: 7 people
They'll lose it as soon as they walk out of the tunnel.

Exactly what I was thinking.

The sheer size of Neyland can be shocking at first.

There are plenty of stadiums that seat over 100,000 these days - but they have nothing on Neyland as far as 'size shock factor' is concerned.

Reactions: 5 people
"For anyone who has ever played on a football field in a big game, when you’re on the field running plays and competing, all the fans start to fade away. There’s a noise factor, but we’ve played in loud stadiums and big games. We know how to handle ourselves there."

“It’s a big environment, but we’ve been in similar environments before,” Fackrell said :blink:

We'll see about that. I'll be sure to be extra loud, even when we're up by 30. And no, I won't sit down. Do the same - let's help out our team one of the few ways we can on Sunday! :banghead2::banghead2::rock::rock:

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Exactly what I was thinking.

The sheer size of Neyland can be shocking at first.

There are plenty of stadiums that seat over 100,000 these days - but they have nothing on Neyland as far as 'size shock factor' is concerned.

What do you mean? Go sit at the top of Neyland and sit at the top of LP Field. You're probably higher up at LP Field and yet it seats 35,000 fewer people.

If we can get it as loud as it was at the Georgia game last year, the Aggies are going to wet themselves

Reactions: 5 people
What do you mean? Go sit at the top of Neyland and sit at the top of LP Field. You're probably higher up at LP Field and yet it seats 35,000 fewer people.

The design of Neyland is intimidating.

Couldn't care less about how high people sit lol

Reactions: 6 people
The design of Neyland is intimidating.

Couldn't care less about how high people sit lol

OK. I was simply going by you mentioning the "sheer size" of Neyland. The newer stadiums have a much larger footprint than a stadium as old as Neyland. They seat fewer people because they don't have double-decked bowls and all-bleacher seating.....which adds to the decible level when the place is rocking! :good!:

Last edited:
If we can get it as loud as it was at the Georgia game last year, the Aggies are going to wet themselves

I hope UT gets the ball 1st and goes down and scores. My fear is, if USU gets the ball 1st and scores that will be the quietest 100,000 people you've ever heard and it will throw the intimidation factor right out the window.

Reactions: 2 people
In all honesty, why wouldnt they be confident? Its not like were the UT of the 90's. Granted, I think we win by a couple TD's, but i cant blame them for being confident, they should be.

Do teams like Oklahoma and Oregon have threads like this on their boards about UT?

What would you expect them to say?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back