Bammers acknowledging our Rise!

peyton4heisman

Senior Lurker New Member
I'm traveling to Florida today, which means I am spending a good portion of my time driving through the nausea-inducing state to the south.

The first Bammer who saw my hat, after puking out the obligatory" Roll Tide", said word around the Birmingham area was that Tennessee was going to be significantly better this year and that we are on the way up.

The second, this one in Montgomery, saw my hat and said he heard that we "got ourselves a helluva running back this year."

I know, (cool story bro), but it was nice to know that the Bammers are talking about Tennessee again. Looks like the hype has reached beyond our borders and we seem to be regaining respect again.

**Note** the quotes above have been paraphrased and translated from Bammer to English to the best of my ability. They are not exact

Reactions: 54 people
I'm traveling to Florida today, which means I am spending a good portion of my time driving through the nausea-inducing state to the south.

The first Bammer who saw my hat, after puking out the obligatory" Roll Tide", said word around the Birmingham area was that Tennessee was going to be significantly better this year and that we are on the way up.

The second, this one in Montgomery, saw my hat and said he heard that we "got ourselves a helluva running back this year."

I know, (cool story bro), but it was nice to know that the Bammers are talking about Tennessee again. Looks like the hype has reached beyond our borders and we seem to be regaining respect again.

**Note** the quotes above have been paraphrased and translated from Bammer to English to the best of my ability. They are not exact

Nice disclaimer.:)

Reactions: 11 people

Was this one of them?

alabama-tattoos.jpg

Reactions: 8 people
Tis true OP. Keep driving a little further south, there's quite a few of us hiding out down here. I can't wait to whoop em!

Reactions: 1 person
My "little" brother lives south of birmingham. he's the kind of guy that has no fear. Very rarely have I seen him nervous. He still talks big about the tidy bowls, but now it's with a nervous laughter. I'm not sure I've ever seen that out of him.

Sad that Bama has to acknowledge UT as being anything more than a speedbump.

At work...They haven't been rubbing it in as much as usual. The true, longtime Bama fans have started to realize that maybe....just maybe, that bama's run is over. These same guys have talked about Tennessee as if we never beat them, or had our own long streak against bama.
Nowadays, it's a different vibe. They know it's coming.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm near Ft Payne. Work in Trenton GA and there are more Bammers than Dawgs. Shows you how bandwagoners work.

you're right. there's a lot. Some people ive known for 10 years, who never cared for football suddenly have flags flying in their car windows. its funny when they start to slip, i didnt see any flags flying after the loss to aub. it tough sometimes, i get ragged a lot at work but im use to it, it's been that way my whole life. lucky for me we were really good when i was in school or i would've gotten into more fights. lol

You got Me to thank for this! I now live in ArmPit... just South of Bham.... I have been talking since I got here.. my nickname is Tennessee to these Confused college fans!

Go Vols!!

Anyone else think its incredibly embarrassing that the OP made a thread about how excited he is that our most hated rival paid us a compliment?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back