Croom

Thread police are coming for you.....

Edit.. I told you. Hope you have thick skin lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I have a feeling he is going to beast out this year. He is going to be a nightmare for DBs and LBs to cover.

He will be a very valuable part of the offense, but "beasting out" might be expecting too much. He is, after all, surrounded by North, Pearson, Malone, Pig, Smith, Wolf, and Helm. He will have a mediocre/decent QB throwing the ball, and a relatively untested O-line that looks to be better suited for run blocking than pass blocking. And, with Lane and Hurd we will probably run quite a bit anyway.

With those things in mind, an excellent season from Croom will probably look like this: 30 receptions, 450 yards, 5-6 TDs, and a few well placed blocks that help a good deal in the running game. We should probably expect something more like 25 catches, 370 yards, and 4-5 TDs, with the previously mentioned blocking.

Ban Hammer for OP's choice of thread title...

Use the left hand with the cast...

Reactions: 1 person
He will be a very valuable part of the offense, but "beasting out" might be expecting too much. He is, after all, surrounded by North, Pearson, Malone, Pig, Smith, Wolf, and Helm. He will have a mediocre/decent QB throwing the ball, and a relatively untested O-line that looks to be better suited for run blocking than pass blocking. And, with Lane and Hurd we will probably run quite a bit anyway.

With those things in mind, an excellent season from Croom will probably look like this: 30 receptions, 450 yards, 5-6 TDs, and a few well placed blocks that help a good deal in the running game. We should probably expect something more like 25 catches, 370 yards, and 4-5 TDs, with the previously mentioned blocking.

I think he will have more TDs but 450 yds sounds about right.

I would agree. All of these receivers should be ready to do some run blocking this year. If we rotate them in and out like it has been said, I would be surprised to see more than one with more that 600 to 700 yards.

The one thing I remember about Oregon was how well their receivers did in blocking up field. They helped to spring some big runs for their backs and QB.

I was starting to worry that Croom would never get the recognition he deserves from the ungrateful horde of peons known as volnation. Thank you OP for this long-awaited thread.

Reactions: 6 people
I was starting to worry that Croom would never get the recognition he deserves from the ungrateful horde of peons known as volnation. Thank you OP for this long-awaited thread.

If he wants it, there isn't a DB in the country who could stop him. To big, strong, and fast.

Never use just the players name in the title! I came in here expecting to hear he's on the Heisman watch list or something. Geesh.

Been contemplating starting a thread Hurd...with the simple OP "Good tall player...runs real good "...been real off my game since someone stole my I MISS JOHN WARD idea. :mad:

Its not about getting recognition, it has been about living up to potential. He said himself that he has been no where near physical enough since he's been here and now he's ready.... The kid has the potential to be the total package, he just hasnt put it all together yet

I hope he has finally got aggressive. Hopefully he initiates the contact and takes the ball out of the air this year instead of avoiding contact from guys half his size. Either way I think Josh Smith has a bigger year.

We have a few rules here, The first rule is.......Obey All Rules.

VN Store

Back