Good read from RTI

Ah this is why b/r has them.overhyped LOL.

Weird how concerned and excited i/we can be going in. This team has potential for 8 wins (which means a couple upsets) but the OL and DL could prevent them from making a bowl.

Weird how concerned and excited i/we can be going in. This team has potential for 8 wins (which means a couple upsets) but the OL and DL could prevent them from making a bowl.

This is game week now. My dire predictions of 5-7 wins are out the door. Time for our national championship run to begin. Orange glasses are now on.

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks for the early morning read. Good story to start the countdown to "It's Football Time in Tennessee"

Good read.

You realize that's the same guy who makes all of those awesome videos...Grudemonium, Butch Jones Song, Crank Calls, 10-2, etc.

He's got talent.

Reactions: 1 person

They're only upsets early in the season when we are prognosticating about the season with little evidence. As the season progresses, we'll see how good some teams are and how bad others are. When we actually play Missouri, we may be 14 point favorites. Last nobody thought Auburn and Missouri would play for the SEC title. That's why we as fans have uber-optimism going into the season; we really don't know how our team stacks up against the competition. ALL fans tend to expect more from their teams than they will produce, even Utah State fans believe they will beat us. (they're wrong, of course!)

It's one of the things that makes watching football so fun - that an Appalachian State can beat a Michigan on any given Saturday. I bet there are players at Georgia Southern who will tell you their victory at Florida last year was expected, they didn't get the memo that they were SUPPOSED to lose!

Can't wait to see how this year unfolds!

GBO! :rock:

Great read! I can't wait for this season to start and watch this team play! GBO!!!

After all, they have been claiming that Dobbs and Peterman out-performed Worley all spring and summer camp long.

7. Change in culture

through that continued stability, through that emotional investment, this staff has managed to implement a change in culture. No small feat given the culture of losing that preceded them. Losing that was rationalized if not tolerated by excuses.

You don’t hear those excuses anymore. Year zeros aren’t real, and this staff knows that. They’re not focused on explaining things away, but instead on building things up, and all the little things that must be done to accomplish that.

which is why its official. The culture has been changed. Gone are the boys who laid down in lexington. They’ve been replace by boys who show up 15 minutes early to meetings. Gone are the stories of locker room instability and rifts between players and coaches. they’ve been replaced by a team that preaches discipline and respect, and refers to itself as a family.
Which is the biggest reason to be high on team 118. They’re learning to win again. Here’s to seeing them do just that.

Most important part to playing winning football again....sometimes the only way to get rid of the disease spread by 1 big loser is to finally be rid of all those he spread it to.

Last edited:

OR...be one of the BIG reasons we go to a bowl. :yess:

Guys don't over look the experience we have coming back ....... On the coaching staff what I mean is the finally got some stability in a new culture that will pay payoff huge for us I think

VN Store

Back